YRBM 20 Brown water navy

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I’m right now doing the first «water » layer.... it’s coming up nicely387DAD54-6BE3-4B7A-A4BD-F1514C519E09.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Absolutely stunning! Figures and composition looks amazing! Final stretch mister ! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the finish! Best regards Danny

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well ammi pontoon is in the water...and i found out that i cut too much of it..... massive miscalculation.... ahahahahahaha luclkly toilet paper-water and pva glue did the trick.... tomorrow the rest...44D6F578-9F29-4590-BC73-517AC2333BD8.jpeg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Measure twice and cut once:smiling3:.Glad it wasnt a disaster. Nice work on the water:thumb2:

D

Daniel Horvath

Wow wow wow this is Epic Greg! Absolutely stunning! Only few more steps to the finish line! Regards Danny

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Coming together beautifully. I can almost smell the river. Speaking of which, how are the brothers from different mothers affixed? I would expect bumpers between them & hawsers at the bollards if a flexible connection, and I don't see a solid connection. Did I miss a chapter? PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
thanks Dan and Paul
... The 2 "brothers" will be attached with ropes i have to wait that the "water" dries.. i still have to paint the water and cover it gloss varnish:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
And rivercraft still used to this day just like this Scene (1:50) in act of Valour, it may be a movie but the gear is real and in use by the US Navy Special Warfare Combatant Craft (SWCC) Here

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Incredible stuff Greg.
The bloke on the wriggly tin roof is going to have an awful stiff neck when he wakes up.
Looking forward to seeing the river come alive.
Jon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The overhead picture is the money shot so far Greg. It really does tie everything together so you can get an idea of the overall dio. Truly amazing. Keep it comin mate:thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thanks Steve....
when l put the second layer of silicone l found out that some pert of the water were lacking waves.... so another thin layer..... l'm getting a bit.... how can l say it.....anxious... l really would like it to end.... but so close to the finish l have to keep my cool...calm...and patience...LOOOOL... normally this week end will be the great reveal... finger crossed.. HOPEFULLY.....no major or minor issue will occur... STAY TUNED..
Greg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Steady Greg,

Great things take time, so no rush to finish. I only imagine that pouring silicone does take time and patience as I have never used it.

Prost
Allen

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well Allen the silicone is not difficult to pour.... it takes A LOT of time to dry... using silicone to make water is SUUUPER easy..and the effect of moving water are spectacular..
If you want to try it l recommend the transparent... apply a layer of it on a carton that you have previously painted... up to you the color... then flat it down with a spatula.... and now comes the fun.... and the most complex technique l've ever did.. plus you need a very expensive and difficult tool to use...a plastic spoon....
now with all the grace you can.... hit the silicon with the round part of your spoon..repeat like you were a drummer....and you will see the silicone sticking to the spoon and creating the most amazing waves..... plus if you feel like it take 2 spoons and you will feel really like a drummer....well l did...hahahahhahhahhahah

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Greg,

I always thought silicone was harder to use. I have to give it a try. So if I use 2 spoons and act like the late John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), can I create tidal waves?????

Just a thought……..

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR