Ziper's 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb

First Name
Jason
Nope, that's normal I'm afraid Francesco. Mine was exactly the same and is currently sitting half built on the shelf of doom just daring me to finish it off :P

Hopefully you've got more patience than me. Good luck Buddy.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Not trying to put you off mate. They look good when they're done. The basic shape is great it's just a bit of a journey to get the best out of the kit IMO. I'm hoping that seeing you guys finish yours will give me the kick up the backside I need to get on with mine!

P

Polux

Welcome Francesco ;)

I had only built one 1/24 aircraft...the Stuka. It has several failures....as Papa (Ian) said: "this is the Grand Canyon" :D

But here I am again...! Once built are lovely!

You only need some different "kind of patience" than the small ones.

I'm sure you will do a great work, and you are a few members with this one, so you can help together!

PS: Thanks for join in Francesco :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
If anyone can pull this one off it's Francesco. From 1/144 our intrepid modeller plunges into 1/24. Imagine the detail that you could put into this thing Francesco!

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks mates and don't worry, I'm not giving up (yet).

While looking for different subject I found this one but not yet decided

View attachment 95953

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420384794.415526.jpg

P

Polux

Interesting item Francesco, I like it! She has never flown..? The stripes are so clean...almost near the exhaust O_o

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
How funny I saw the profile of that just yesterday. I was wondering what those strips were about.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking forward to you working your magic on this one Francesco with the small scale you work on this should be a stroll in the park

Z

Ziper_it

Hello Polux,

It should, but his attendance to some battle is under strong discussion. I'm still looking for more info.

Francesco

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Here's a bit about your pilot Francesco: http://www.bbm.org.uk/Witorzenc.htm

Those stripes look like they are painted over the camouflage, you can see the grey/green showing through between them in your picture.

Also there is argument regarding whether he even ever flew that Spitfire, and what the striped markings were for: http://spitfireforums.com/index.php?topic=13.0;wap2

Z

Ziper_it

I'm currently looking for documentation (mostly tech drawings), cleaning up pieces and working on the engine.

I've been able to glue it together, fills the canyons and sand the putty/cyano/surfacer. Then I decided to remove all tubing and cabling molded to replace them. Now one side is done and just need cleaning, provided that I don't find a better pic where I see that those tubes between cylinders should be removed too.

View attachment 96283

I will also have to partially reconstruct the engine covers :sad:

Ok, I'm close to give up on the engine now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420754632.805133.jpg

First Name
Dave
Should look good when you've detailed it.Im not bothering with the engine in mine.Im adding extra detail to the cockpit instead.

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Dave.

I'm not sure I'll be able to complete it but I'm trying to. I'm still missing info on how to attach the new "collectors" to which cables and tube go. We'll see.

You're doing I nice work on the cockpit.

Francesco

First Name
Jason
The corners of the engine covers don't need reconstructing Francesco.The cut outs are to allow the engine to fit into the frame!

Ask me how I know! :confused:

Jason