Ziper's 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Ian and Dave.

Dave, I did them the other way around: I painted them with a red brown (Citadel, can't remember the exact color but I can check if you want), then drybrushed them first with a matt black and then lightly with a matt white (Andrea/Vallejo).

That's it.

Francesco

Edit: you may add a metallic flavor with graphite powder before the white.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Thanks Ian and Dave.
Dave, I did them the other way around: I painted them with a red brown (Citadel, can't remember the exact color but I can check if you want), then drybrushed them first with a matt black and then lightly with a matt white (Andrea/Vallejo).

That's it.

Francesco

Edit: you may add a metallic flavor with graphite powder before the white.
That sounds reasonably straight forward.I will try it on my exhausts.Ive got some Tamiya 'Hull Red' which I can use for the red colour.Thankyou for the advice.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Francesco

Superb detail on that Merlin. If the rest of the aircraft matches the level of detail here then this will be a very special build.

Cheers

P

First Name
Dave
Looking very good.The engine is probably the best area to add extra detail on this kit as it can be seen with the engine panels left off.A lot of the work I did in my cockpit can't be seen now the fuselage is together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Ziper_it

Thanks for your comments.

I'm in pause with this, I need some time to think about the painting. Could be the gloss black, could be the chipping, could be some imprecise detail but while I love the overall aspect, if I look it with more attention it is not convincing me. I've been browsing the net for references and looking what others have done (none painted like mine) and still haven't found a way out.

So if you have any critique please share, it may help me to find what I don't like.

To clean up my mind I started this yesterday evening, fully OOB, today the fuselage and I'm gluing wings right now.

View attachment 104127

View attachment 104128

Francesco

image.jpg

image.jpg