Ziper's Sherman

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you Joe and Polux.

Hope to see them finished soon too, but I'm taking my time trying to understand what to improve. The hardest part will be the face, hands and feet (which I damaged :sad: while sanding).

Francesco

P

Polux

These figures are fine Francesco.

My comment is; take as exemple the second one; the dark colour "help" to see it better, so my advice is once painted in grey, Brown or dark colours you will see different ;)

You can use a wash for the skin, this help a lot!

Cheers

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Francesco. with the figures, and i think there fine and know how hard it is to scratch build them,

what putty did you use ? if you don,t mind me asking,

as i have spent all week making a cat and 2 dogs much the same way as you have scale was the hard thing but just winged it,

as they all diffrence sizes in life so you can get away with it

as Polux said is right it dose help, i use a dark skin tone then come back and add in the lite areas, like nose,cheeks

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks for comments and hints Monica and Polux.

I used milliput white. For the scale a reference figure (a scale drawing would be the same) and the wireframe skeleton helped me a lot.

Francesco

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Francesco, thank you,next time i will try that maybe easy to work with ,

at the time the hobby shop did not have any in stock, and me being cheap did not wont to spend 20 dollars on putty that will go off :oops: so got muli filler for 5 dollars

Z

Ziper_it

Well, I'm not saying that Milliput is better than others and my experience is very limited.

I used it just because this is what I had home. In the past I also used Fimo (bur not for scale figures) and I know others are using it for sculpting figures too.

BTW, what are you using now?

Francesco

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi i did use some type of mult filler, one good thing is it sets so hard you can use a hobby blade to carve away at it, so ears dont real brake off ,

but the down side is you cannot roll it and then join that bit to another one, so thats why next time i will use a type of putty, that will be easier

to work with, not real much help sorry

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Monica, this is very helpful indeed as I'm still a learner.

From my side I can say that is far better to shape the figure when the putty is soft, especially for small figures. I did try to sculpt/carve hard putty and it was almost impossible to get good and precise results. Small bits added step by step looks the better way to go.

Francesco

Z

Ziper_it

:smiling3: she got a foot but I want to redo it. Mmmhh, ok, ok, got it, I'll go back to my thread :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sorry for the late reply Francesco, yes your right and thats the way i will try next just about lost a finger with the hobby knife slipping , oh that was close :oops:,

i did see paul and oh i feel bad i forget who else it was say some think about sculpy, which i may look into as it is set in the over once your done so you can keep

working untill your happy then still able to add more over the top, so you can keep working , sounds good to will ,will try to get hold off some and i like the idea

off it not going hard on you

Z

Ziper_it

I'm finally getting close to the end of the chalk girl.

Yesterday after some sanding I gave her a coat of color. She looks much better now. Now I will have just to complete the head and give her the final touch up.

I would like to separate more the sockets from the legs, perhaps adding some orange to the flesh color or darkening the white of the docks. Any idea?

View attachment 79554

View attachment 79555

View attachment 79556

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395295401.024575.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395295416.153490.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395295428.747557.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
maybe you could try to age the white abit with some gray just a tab,to tone it down , as a base I use the Vallejo panzer ace 341

base carne / flesh base , whick is quite dark and then add your high lites to it ? maybe off some help, as i tend not to use white with flesh colors,

lite sands and tans mixed with it

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Monica,

I think I will try to mix/buy some darker color for the flesh. Maybe also try to carve a separation line, but it's so small... let's see

Francesco

P

Polux

I see all the figure very well painted!!

The clothes are genial. About the skin colour you don't have to worry, with a little umber colour will look perfect ;)