ZULU! The Store House, Rorke's Drift.... January 1879

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It just doesn't seem right just to say 'Great build' Painting a single pilot (when I have to) is hard enough. But all these little critters - wow. I salute your patience and ability.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Scott, I'm glad you like the diorama. I trust you, your good lady and the little angel Mia Grace are all tip top?

Thanks Col', patience yes (in batches)....but ability? Perhaps the 'ability' to remain sane would fit!

Cheers boys,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Brill Ron cant add much to what has been said , should be on show somwhere.

D

Deleted member 3568

Ron I would be insane long before I had finished this, it is epic. I love your dios always a feast for the eyes.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron I would be insane long before I had finished this.
Cheers Ken, I'm well pleased you like it....It didn't quite drive me insane, but I'm still twitching a bit. Hopefully this will vanish soon!

Barry, thanks too for your excellent post. I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron mucker , words fail me . I cant believe what I'm seeing - Zulus!, Fousands of em!!! This is truly a labour of love (or a sure indication of insanity!) and the end result of all your eye popping labours is this masterpiece. Its a first class job and the attention to detail and true sense of action is amazing , its as if youre looking at a snapshot of that fateful day. I cant praise this enough , its a fantastic piece of work and you should be well chuffed, looking forward to your charge of the light brigade dio (yes all of em !) ;) ;) cheers matey Tony

(oh did I mention I like this )

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ee, mate yon post is as grand as 'owt. Tha'v rit some reet grand words tha's 'ave!

Anyroad, were's tha' been? I thought tha' might 'ave gone an' lived in Lancashire, an' didn't want to say 'owt, tha knows....

Ta again owd mucker.

Ahl see thee....

Ron

D

Dave1973

The time, attention to detail, painstakingly precise placement of each figure, the creation of realism, and ability to tell a whole story with nothing moving is downright amazing!

Personally, I'd never attempt anything this amazing, as I know my skill level isn't near good enough!

Kudos!

D

Doug Hughes

Words fail me! This is fantastic, Ron - a tribute to your skill and dedication. And patience!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry boys, I didn't realise I hadn't posted my thanks to you both for your excellent posts,so....

Thank you!

Sorry to everyone else for bringing it back up to the top! :D

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Sorry boys, I didn't realise I hadn't posted my thanks to you both for your excellent posts,so....
Thank you!

Sorry to everyone else for bringing it back up to the top! :D
No worries, really enjoyed looking at the pics again!! Still find it gobsmacking :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Well I am not into dioramas Ron but this beats the lot.

How you managed to stay sane painting all those bods beats me. I hate just two pilots.

What can follow this WW1. :rolleyes:

Laurie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks John, good job you're tolerant....

Thanks Laurie....WW1? Now there's a thought. No need to paint anything, just splat mud everywhere!

Ron

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Epic...... That is a cracking piece of modelling Ron...... I like I a lot.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Peter, it was a ball ache at times, but I got there in the end!

D

Deleted member 4539

Everything has been said,but when I saw this I thought Amazing.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the very late reply to your post Steve...........Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for the post Ralph. I'm glad you approve of the wee men....

D

dougie

the work that went in to this is ridiculous! nice one, the figures look great and the composition is excellent too