Zvezda 1/144 LA- 5FN Russian Fighter. Winter camouflage.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Raining!
I've brushed over the brown/green camo. with white. Great fun and being so tiny, the aircraft only takes minutes to paint.

I real life, I could well imagine the ground crew rushing out into the cold and very quickly slapping the stuff on and rush back indoors to the warm stove. That is the look I've tried to achieve....and yes, some patterns did actually 'Stop' half way!

P1270704.JPG

P1270708.JPG

P1270709.JPG

P1270710.JPG

P1270701.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cracking job Ron, but I wouldn't have thought the ground crew would have painted the ground to match the 'plane camo! Or was that just where they spilt some paint in their rush to get finished?:smiling:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job mate , the winter camo is excellent . These quickies are addictive arent they ?!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry, Mr. Dave, but neither of your rather presumptuous assumptions is correct.

Let me explain....
Next to the airfield is one of the largest Yak breeding farms in Russia. The owner, one Ivan Eevan Beegarvip sells the wool and hair from the animals to the military.

One dark night all three thousand animals escaped from the farm onto the airfield, and being curious critters gathered around the aircraft. They stayed there the night, peeing and generally having a good scratch about. In the morning, what had been virgin snow, was now a blotchy, almost lunar landscape. The hooves and hot pee had done their job.

Poor Ivan was sent off to a Penal Battalion.

So there. Off the hook again me thinks.. :tongue-out3:

Thanks Tony, yes indeed, very addictive and I love the fact that they can be painted quickly - And painted again and again......

Thanks for the input chaps.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
My confusion was perhaps understandable as I wasn't aware of the breeding farm next door.

However, you've given me an idea how to keep the cul-de-sac I live in clear of snow during the winter. Anyone know where I can buy a herd of Yaks? If it helps, I wouldn't need three thousand. I would think a hundred or so would do - it's only a small cul-de-sac.

I'll also need a wheelbarrow and shovel, and the 'phone number of the local Allotment Grower's Association, but I can find those myself.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
An enjoyable time was had by the sounds of things Ron. That's what its all about.