Zvezda PAK 40

F

Fenlander

This is totally odd for me. This little kit came free with a magazine and, for 1/72, it is a wonderful kit.

image_72.jpe

Two sprues include the gun, base and abcrew of three.

image_74.jpe

This is a 'snap together' kit and I feel it must be part of a war gaming range as there is a huge banner type thing that sits in a hole on the base, ideal for movement and ID.

However, it builds into a very well detailed, for the scale, model. The figures, all multi part, go together very nicely including a rifle on one and a trenching tool on another as separate parts.

No instructions come with it, you download a PDF of them and box art from the magazine website. Sadly, there is only the last page of the instructions which meant a lot of head scratching and a few left off small parts which I just could not work out where they go.

But, here it is. I did glue a few bits on the gun including the shield which I broke when removing it to disassemble the kit having put a part on upside down.

The seams on the figures will disappear with a touch of glue and a final squeeze together.

This Is really a very nice quality kit. The figures especially. The faces and poses are superb for the scale. I did have to drill a hole in the front of the muzzle brake though.

image_73.jpe

image_77.jpe

image_75.jpe

image_76.jpe

All in all, a very pleasent surprise and a great little magazine cover gift.

D

dubster72

Big thanks to your wife Graham! That looks like a great little kit - just what you need to practice your Braille scale figure painting ;)

Hmm that would look good in a dio with my Cromwell ;) WH Smiths here I come!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
"............................Hmm that would look good in a dio with my Cromwell ;) WH Smiths here I come!
That could be an issue, i picked up my copy last week (about 10 on the shelves) went back a few days later and all gone, went in today (watching out for a couple more mags to come in) and they have restocked, BUT MINUS the kit, just the magazine - its not like some little oink has nicked the kits as the mags dont come in a bag as per the first mags on the shelves. Strange

If you cant find a the mag with the model, you can have mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

\ said:
That could be an issue, i picked up my copy last week (about 10 on the shelves) went back a few days later and all gone, went in today (watching out for a couple more mags to come in) and they have restocked, BUT MINUS the kit, just the magazine - its not like some little oink has nicked the kits as the mags dont come in a bag as per the first mags on the shelves. Strange
It does say in the magazine 'on selected magazines in the U.K.' I don't think they did put it on all copies

D

dubster72

\ said:
I wasn't lucky enough to find a magazine with the kit included :sad: I guess it was a limited promotional thing.

But that's a very kind offer Steve. I'll pm you.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice and free as well,how could you not like this one,

nice start, ;)