Zvezda SU152 Snap fit completed(looks like a long hard winter)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks first t o all thoes that have commented on the under construction bit ,a few quick thoughts on this one not quite as easy to assemble as previous snap fits but one of their earlier efforts i think, said I'd do the winter camo and stuck to my word ive learnt so much doing this next time I'm on top of it before I even start other than that not much to say apart from these kits are outstanding ive added nothing its straight out of the box shop about mostly under a tenner dont be sucked in with the snap fit kiddie bit there far from it. In my eyes a badly produced kit aimed at younger inexperienced modelers ar thoes produced with molded on tow cables tools etc Zvezda are so on top the tow cables even come molded pre shaped to fit . Many thanks to thoes who have followed and encouraged along the way,
20220116_142410.jpg
20220116_142421.jpg
20220116_142439.jpg
20220116_142449.jpg
Hope you've enjoyed the ride as much as I have Dave.
20220116_142521.jpg
Have managed to drop this one in dont know why it showed as a thumb nail .

Attachments

• 20220116_142521.jpg
    20220116_142521.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Absolutely spot on Sir, here at Race Towers awards dept there was an whelming agreement that this is worthy of the
2020DB.jpg

congratulations Dave.

2020DB.jpg
Put this again as the jpeg doesn't show .

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Dave. You really are getting the best out of these little kits. Great work my friend

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
That is a great model. Well done. Just shows that great results can be had without spending a fortune on the latest kit.
Jim

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely Dave,
These kits are really great.If i ever dabble in Armour again then i will definately get some.
Grand job that man
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Great work. Turned out very nicely indeed!! Will be a real inspiration for Junior's Soviet vehicle GB submission.

Very well done.

Andrew

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave

Great work. Turned out very nicely indeed!! Will be a real inspiration for Junior's Soviet vehicle GB submission.

Very well done.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew people ask what inspires me I I dont know but if someone's work makes me go wow then I suppose I've been inspired to bash on with what I try to do in my own way looking forward to the GB as havent done one since the sadly missed Simon T GB. Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Andrew people ask what inspires me I I dont know but if someone's work makes me go wow then I suppose I've been inspired to bash on with what I try to do in my own way looking forward to the GB as havent done one since the sadly missed Simon T GB. Dave

I know what you mean Dave. I get my ideas from all kinds of places....some are even original ones that I've not borrowed or outright stolen!! ;) :smiling5:

In Junior's case we had talked about doing a whitewash but never having done one, I wasn't sure how to approach it and up pops your build as a great example of what can be done - again, very well done.

ATB.

Andrew