‘Waiting for the scramble ‘ Tonys 1/72 Airfix Hurricane mk1 vignette completed

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the lovely Airfix Hurricane mk1 combined with the excellent 3D printed pilots and staff set I got off ebay . The figures arent fixed to the base so I had a play around and moved them to several different positions . Thanks to all who have been following/ commenting , build thread can be found here- https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/tonys-airfix-1-72-hurricane-mk1-airfield-vignette.43474/
I edited the last three pics to try and get the look of a wartime era photograph - surprising how you can alter them on the iphone ! IMG_4203.jpegIMG_4204.jpegIMG_4205.jpegIMG_4207.jpegIMG_4208.jpegIMG_4209.jpegIMG_4211.jpegIMG_4212.jpegIMG_4213.jpegIMG_4214.jpegIMG_4215.jpegIMG_4216.jpegIMG_4219.jpegIMG_4220.jpegIMG_4222.jpegIMG_4223.jpegIMG_4224.jpegIMG_4225.jpegIMG_4226.jpegIMG_4227.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Tony, I only caught the tail end of your build. This has definitely turned out really excellent. Love the pics and the B/W one sets the scene to a 'T', Sir!!! The Hurri ain't too shabby and the figs either. Job well done, so take a bow!!!

One little thing I did note though...None of the figs have a cold one in their hand........Or even a cup of tea............

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very convincing Tony. Your hard work paid off and the Diorama looks great.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work Tony, captures the atmosphere very well. I like the B&W photo, like one of those one might see in a wartime pictorial

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

Sorry I missed the build.... The upcoming job change means I'm not getting as much time as I would like.

That has turned out very nicely. A nice little composition. These newer Airfix kits turn out very nicely.

The pilots have turned out very nicely too. Will have to look them up.

ATB.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats great work Tony and the painting on those figures at 1/72 is excellent.
Fantastic little scene Tony, those last three shots look the business.
A great dio Tony. Love the Hurricane and those figures are excellent. I agree with Andy about those last three photos :thumb2:
A most excellent result, mucker!
Very nice pictures to round off a cracking build.

Well done. :thumb2:

Ron
I'm loving it!
Sorry Tony, I only caught the tail end of your build. This has definitely turned out really excellent. Love the pics and the B/W one sets the scene to a 'T', Sir!!! The Hurri ain't too shabby and the figs either. Job well done, so take a bow!!!

One little thing I did note though...None of the figs have a cold one in their hand........Or even a cup of tea............

Prost
Allen
Very nice Tony.
Very convincing Tony. Your hard work paid off and the Diorama looks great.
A nice little display :thumb2:
Wonderful work Tony, captures the atmosphere very well. I like the B&W photo, like one of those one might see in a wartime pictorial
Tony

Sorry I missed the build.... The upcoming job change means I'm not getting as much time as I would like.

That has turned out very nicely. A nice little composition. These newer Airfix kits turn out very nicely.

The pilots have turned out very nicely too. Will have to look them up.

ATB.

Andrew
Superb job Tony
Fantastic Tony.
Brilliant.......and the b&w pics are so atmospheric
Thanks a lot everyone , I really enjoyed this one , even the figure painting !
@Allen Dewire - I reckon thats what the guy with the dog and the one on the end are doing Allen , arguing over whos turn it is to make the tea ! Cheers tony