1/72 Dora Railgun

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Been a long time since I posted anything in Scale Models last thing was the German Flying Saucer Hanebreau II from Squadron Models
So what have been doing since then well this for starters the base which comprises of railway track and foundations took a month just to paint then it was about a eight month build for the gun itself not difficult but very repetitive due to the number of wheels you would be doing things eight times over in some cases and when it came to control valves there were 75 per side they are those little circular discs running all down the side of the gun assembly you can see
The model was modified by me by reducing the barrel length of the gun and moving the centres of the wagons closer towards the centre rather than how they were supplied in the kit as there was too much of a gap between the bogies

Revards

Colin

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1283.jpeg
    IMG_1283.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 29

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I can well believe the time a model like this requires. Looks very good.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Colin love this gun build but can you please post the pictures full size as how they are it involes a lot of messin around on my laptop to see the pics thank you if you can sir
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Colin love this gun build but can you please post the pictures full size as how they are it involes a lot of messin around on my laptop to see the pics thank you if you can sir
chrisb
do they not enlarge when you click on the small image?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
do they not enlarge when you click on the small image?
YES Ian they do but i cant see the whole item only part of the item an then have to pull the item around so i can see other parts of the model but not the whole model thats why i asked if the gent can fit on the big pics if you see what i mean
Chrisb

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Chris have a look at the tank pictures I posted are they the same as your Dora pictures in i.e. tiny or only a partial image as opposed to a full scale image?
There used to be a problem with posting large images on the site which is why I started reducing the size of them. Some of the images I take our hundreds of megabytes in size which is obviously not conducive to a healthy website. It would soon get full up with again and no space.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris have a look at the tank pictures I posted are they the same as your Dora pictures in i.e. tiny or only a partial image as opposed to a full scale image?
There used to be a problem with posting large images on the site which is why I started reducing the size of them. Some of the images I take our hundreds of megabytes in size which is obviously not conducive to a healthy website. It would soon get full up with again and no space.
WELL Colin i resize all my pics from M/B down to K/B before i post them an that is not hurting the site as far as know an where are your tank pic for me to compare ?
thanks colin
chrisb