Airfix 1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's a great feeling when modellers, whose work you admire, post such nice comments. Very grateful.
I have been building up the body and the nose and tail. The fit is excellent. The only problem with the body is it is made up of many parts. Very little will be seen especially as I'll be fitting covers over the intakes and exhausts. Although all these parts fit very well, even a slight error, just a fraction of a millimeter out, and repeat that with the build up of parts and things aren't perfect. So a little fettling and a tiny bit of filler was needed.
It is looking like the Buccs iconic shape. The wings have been razor sawn off as the kit gives folded wings which I have chosen.
P1070697.JPG

Thanks again guys. Happy modelling

Seems boring to have just grey plastic when so many of you are joining in with the race/rally car GB with all that blue, yellow and red plastic and sparkling chrome :smiling::tongue-out3::smiling:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jim your bucc looks good nice to see someone else havein a go at a cut an shut model lik my tomcat as it makes the model so much more intrestin an like miko has done very well done so far an i'll be followin your build
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Just out of interest Jim, does the kit show/have the tiny little vortex generators on the upper leading edges of the wings? When working on them in training I always they always drew blood when scrabbling over the wings. (Never got to work on the aircraft after training).
It's coming on a treat, even 'naked' it looks every bit a Bucc!!!