Mr. Bowcats racer GB. Allen's 1/24 Tamiya Nissan GTR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Good People,

I'm calling this puppy done and with a big thanks to Bob for hosting the GB. It was interesting to build a model car after all these years. The Tamiya kit went together rather well with very little probs. Fit was good and only a couple of decals had hiccups. So here we go, warts and all...

IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4838.JPG
IMG_4839.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG
IMG_4841.JPG
IMG_4844.JPG
IMG_4845.JPG
IMG_4846.JPG
IMG_4847.JPG
In the 4th and last pic, you can see the rear view mirror inside. I left the outside mirrors in the kit's blue plastic and you can see they are a bit wonky on the doors. There are also some places on the window frames and such that need a dab of touch up, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I did wish that the kit had come with window masks though. You can see my shaky hand painting on them...

Will I build another car kit? Not in the foreseeable future, but ya never know!!! Thank you all very much for your support and comments during my endeavor into racing cars. And, I'm still playing ketchup on you all too...

Prost
Allen

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Glad you enjoyed the build, and thanks for taking part. The Skyline looks great. :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Allen, I'd say that is a fine achievement. As always the builder sees things that could be better, things that no-one else notices though :smiling:

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You little tease, making us wait for the final shots!

More than worth it though my friend, it looks great, and very different to the norm in that colour scheme.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Super stuff Allen! Not my thang at all but I recognise quality when I see it, even if you don't see it yourself.
Take a bow, sir, and have a cold one or two to celebrate finishing something else! You're really on a roll these days!