Andrew's completed 1/72 Airfix Wurger double bill

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So as you may have seen, better late than never, I have got these two across the finish line.

I had planned to an F-8 and an A-8 but had enough spares from the F-8 to turn the A-8 into an F-8, as long as you don't pay too much attention to the canopy. Also, for my purposes, the Red 2 is a generic Red 2 from around the time of Normandy and not the 'normal' Red 2, hence the lack of winter camo.

No major dramas with either kit and any mistakes were of my own making.

The magnetic attachment points were a new thing for me, and even with the second one I had worked out a better way of adapting the plane.

They won't win any prizes but they fit the bill for my needs.

You can find the build thread HERE.

ACW as usual.

ATB

Andrew

-------------------------------------------------

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I like those two Andrew. Really nice paint job.
Excellent result Andrew, very well dome mate.
Great finishes.
Lovely results Andrew. It's different to see that Red 2 built without the white streaking
Beautiful
Great work on both of them Andrew.

Thanks chaps. Glad you like them! I'm pretty pleased with them on the whole and as always have learnt a few things along the way.

My main complaint is with Airfix for putting things like guns and especially pitot tube as moulded parts or as part of the very early stages just waiting to be knocked off.....Red 2 had all of them knocked off and I eventually lost the pitot tube completely......or perhaps I am just clumsy!! :smiling5:

Thanks again!

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A great looking duo. (See how I avoided typing a 'great looking pair') Your paint work is top notch, very detailed in this small scale.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job andrew they look brilliant , the magnetic attachment is genius too , great work , cheers tony

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A great looking duo. (See how I avoided typing a 'great looking pair') Your paint work is top notch, very detailed in this small scale.

Andy, a couple of cracking butcher birds. very nicely done.

Fantastic job andrew they look brilliant , the magnetic attachment is genius too , great work , cheers tony

Chaps, sincerest apologies, completely forgot to reply!

I'm very glad you like, coming from such a talented bunch your comments are very much appreciated!

Colin - I coudn't possibly comment! ;)

Tony - I was pretty pleased with the magnet idea too. As I think I said in the build thread the execution could have been better if I had thought about it a bit more, but at least I proved the principle!

Thanks again chaps!!

ATB

Andrew