Arnie's Ford GPA (Tamiya 1/35)

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Hi All,

In a desire to continue with my journey into 1/35, this'll be my entry into this GB - the DUWK's less successful little brother.

IMG-9587.jpg

Looks to be a nice simple little kit, with three nice figures. I've never actually painted 1/35 figures so it'll be a fun exercise.

IMG-9588.jpg

I won't be using the box-art markings, as those are for Tunisia, instead I'll be using these. From what I've read about the Ford GPA, it wasn't the most successful of designs on land or sea, largely due to the weight/power ratio. It was however, used in most operations in WWII and there are photo's of them on the beach on D-day.

IMG-9589.jpg

Looking forward to this, my first GB on the forum.

Cheers!

Arnold.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice Arnie. Seated front row. Guess I’ll start calling you Arnie. Lol

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
It's a pretty simple kit his, if you take out the two sprues for the figures this is all you're left with.

IMG-9590.jpg

Just to show that I have actually started on the 6th June - here is the from axle assembly completed whilst watching the ceremony on the BBC.

IMG-9591.jpg

I picked up these two books from Waterstones in Llandudno this morning - I've made a not of the purchase date on the inside front covers.

IMG-9593.jpg

Cheers!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn A.J. (easier than all of the above listed, if it's ok),

Great little kit and being Tamiya, it should go together nicely. I'm in and you're off to a good start...

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Good Morning too A.J. from over the pond. You have many names sir. Which do you prefer? Looking very well my friend. If Allen gets hand just give him a poke he’ll straighten up. Lol.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Good Morning too A.J. from over the pond. You have many names sir. Which do you prefer? Looking very well my friend. If Allen gets hand just give him a poke he’ll straighten up. Lol.

LOL! I honestly don't mind Lee, you can call me what you like - AJ is fine! :smiling:

Lol! I'll keep and eye out for him!

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Morning all,

Apologies, progress has been a bit slow of late but I'm moving things forward.

The undersides are build up and I've working on the drivers compartment and the top deck. I did have a couple of the gear stick snap during cleanup but I'll reattach them with CA glue.

IMG-1936.jpg

It has been a fun little kit thus far.

PaulTRose

Survivor
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another id like to pick up sometime.....i remember doing it a long time ago when i was knee high to a grasshopper

If you get problems with the gear stick replace it with a sewing pin.....the head is rightish size for the knob on top......dont ask how i know lol

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Another id like to pick up sometime.....i remember doing it a long time ago when i was knee high to a grasshopper

If you get problems with the gear stick replace it with a sewing pin.....the head is rightish size for the knob on top......dont ask how i know lol

Thanks!

Ah now that's a good idea, I have plenty of those if push comes to shove.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Coming along nicely Arnie and you are enjoying the build which is what it should be all about :smiling4:

Geoff.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Tamiya kits are really fun A.J.!!! Looking good and deep down, I think you really want to detail the motor and leave the hood loose to display your work! Just a thought...

Prost
Allen

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Tamiya kits are really fun A.J.!!! Looking good and deep down, I think you really want to detail the motor and leave the hood loose to display your work! Just a thought...

Prost
Allen

LOL! weeeelll I might paint it, maybe, it would be a shame not too, and I had had the thought of just not gluing down the engine cover. Thanks Allen! :smiling: