Mick's Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing starfighter.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Here’s my offering to the GB. I really enjoyed building the X-Wing and this looks just as much fun. It will be built gear up on its supplied base. One minor difference due to what I believe was some licensing/copyright problem is the standing figure supplied. This now has no detail and is basicalmly just a cutout.
IMG_3328.jpegIMG_3327.jpegIMG_3326.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...... I was beginning to think I’d got the wrong date
.....:tears-of-joy:.....
You and me both Mick!! Problem with starting a GB during a bank holiday is that it's traditionally a time that people are busy doing other things!
Anyway, good to see you first off the blocks:thumb2:, that looks a very nice kit.... recently saw Phil Flory build a 3d printed one,they look awesome when painted.Looking forward to following your progress :tongue-out:
As for the AT-ST, I'm doing exactly the same one as Andy.... although his will no doubt be WAY better finished than mine!;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
.....:tears-of-joy:.....
You and me both Mick!! Problem with starting a GB during a bank holiday is that it's traditionally a time that people are busy doing other things!
Anyway, good to see you first off the blocks:thumb2:, that looks a very nice kit.... recently saw Phil Flory build a 3d printed one,they look awesome when painted.Looking forward to following your progress :tongue-out:
As for the AT-ST, I'm doing exactly the same one as Andy.... although his will no doubt be WAY better finished than mine!;)
True I tend to forget as working shifts the only difference to me is higher rate of pay Look forward to seeing your build too

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That Ban Dai multi plastic sprue technology is pretty clever I think. Clear and coloured plastic on the same sprue…..nice. Should be good when built…go team Mick…..
It does look good doesn't it, very clever. Thanks for the look in Tim

Yes, it's the same size as my Lego Executor. Hmm, must put some pics in the chat thread...
I'd like to see that

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A bit more progress made, things are a bit chaotic at the moment, father in law passed away last week and our dogs ultrasound results show she’s now terminally ill, chuck in work and wife going away for ten days and days are just melting away. Anyway on a positive note cockpit and pilot almost finished and new squadron colour applied changing from yellow to blue.
IMG_3333.jpegIMG_3331.jpeg
IMG_3332.jpegIMG_3330.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A bit more progress made, things are a bit chaotic at the moment, father in law passed away last week and our dogs ultrasound results show she’s now terminally ill, chuck in work and wife going away for ten days and days are just melting away. Anyway on a positive note cockpit and pilot almost finished and new squadron colour applied changing from yellow to blue.
View attachment 508208View attachment 508209
View attachment 508210View attachment 508211
So sorry to hear all of that Mick... It never rains but it pours eh ?!!:tired:
Sympathies go out to you and your wife from down ere in deepest Devon :hugging-face:.
Well done for persevering with this at such an horrendous time mate,the pilot in particular is looking superb :cool:.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
So sorry to hear all of that Mick... It never rains but it pours eh ?!!:tired:
Sympathies go out to you and your wife from down ere in deepest Devon :hugging-face:.
Well done for persevering with this at such an horrendous time mate,the pilot in particular is looking superb :cool:.
Thanks Andy, unfortunately life goes on. Having some desk time gives my head a rest

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
After dropping swmbo and mum in law at the airport this morning I got some of my chores sorted then hit the desk. I got the canopy masked and sprayed up, I’ve gone for this rather than the open film studio version, I also started to remove the masking fluid used for chipping, then onto the main fuselage and engines. Sooooooo much plumbing but it looks the business
IMG_3334.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg