Das Werk 88 Flak on 9t Vomag truck.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Saw this and well, just had to get it. After building the AFV 88, seem to have gained a liking for the 88...
It's all new tooling and the moulding seems to be pretty good. Unfortunately, no ally barrel, which although I'm certain you can get AM, would have been nice if included. Maybe on the next version. Comes with a nice booklet (only with the first version) that gives background, history and the kit it's self. Although the kit part is apparently pre production so not necessarily exactly correct.
The sprue lettering is odd as it goes A to H, then hummm, something near the end of the alphabet. Attached are box art and sprue pics.
1000023024.jpg1000023025.jpg1000023026.jpg1000023027.jpg
Now, where did I put that damned glue.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Will settle in for this.

If it goes together anything like the tank transporter version I built, you're in for a treat.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello Andy (I like your name!)
I'll be so bold as to sit in the front row.
It's going to be quite a blast. That thing is huge.

Best regards,
Andi

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Will settle in for this.

If it goes together anything like the tank transporter version I built, you're in for a treat.
Hoping it will be a treat. Have ginger biscuits, but sorry the custard creams are mine.
Hello Andy (I like your name!)
I'll be so bold as to sit in the front row.
It's going to be quite a blast. That thing is huge.

Best regards,
Andi
Yep not a bad name. It's just over 300mm and 170mm with out riggers extended. Still deciding if to build traveling or firing position. I think probably firing.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Got on quite well this weekend, got the chassis and rear suspension done and primed. As Andy T said it went together well with no surprises. A few places it uses the 45⁰ joint, which personally I'm not keen on. That aside very well molded with parts fitting together nicely.
1000023144.jpg
Now something I've found bit further on which I'm not sure about.
1000023146.jpg
That seems to indicate using 3 lays of PE, there are 6 PE1 so that would fit 3 per side but the chances for lining up 3 pieces.... am I missing something...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks nice Andy. That truck is so ugly but certainly has something that makes it interesting.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ah, so true Jim, the face only a mother could love...
Definitely function over form...

I think you're correct with the pe, but that particular part wasn't on my version. The plastic part, F4, looks like it has a rebate for the etch to sit in, so lining them up with each other might not be an issue.