IDF upgraded M247 DIVADS

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's an excellent model Jakko. Considering that in your first build post you were cannablising kits you have definitely managed to fit everything together well. Nice job :thumb2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow i like it.Different and nice change from Merkavas etc.Love the add on details such as smoke grenade launchers.
Great stuff Jakko.
Rich

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
And about time too... It's a pleasure to see this build in its completion and is a credit to your building ability, well done Jakko.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thank you all :smiling3: I’m pretty happy with the way it came out, though I decided to skip the weathering because I just wanted this one finished so I can start on the Sherman BARV for the D-Day group build. A clean vehicle will do for a change :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very well done!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, guys :smiling3: I wouldn’t let myself start on the D-Day group build before finishing this one and the Tyrell P.34, which is usually a decent enough motivator to actually complete models :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

weathering is subtle and spot on.
The weathering is so subtle that it’s not there :smiling3: That is, I didn’t weather the model at all — largely because I just wanted it done so I could start on the BARV, so I decided it will represent a vehicle that has been recently cleaned.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

The weathering is so subtle that it’s not there :smiling3: That is, I didn’t weather the model at all — largely because I just wanted it done so I could start on the BARV, so I decided it will represent a vehicle that has been recently cleaned

It certainly looks like an element of pre shading on the photographs and rusting on the tracks or I am loosing my mind.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don’t do preshading, but I do do highlighting by spraying a lighter colour into the centres of panels etc. The end result, of course, is much the same for both techniques :smiling3: Still, I don’t consider that weathering but making the model come to life more, by preventing it looking “flat” and toy-like.