LTD Models 1/48 I.A.R 80 completed

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the IAR 80 from LTD models , a limited run kit but fine with a bit of care. At the time this was the only game in town for this aircraft in the larger scales but its now been joined by the Hobbyboss kit and a couple of 1/32 kits from Special Hobby / Azur . As always ACW , cheers tonyIMG_4506.jpegIMG_4507.jpegIMG_4508.jpegIMG_4509.jpegIMG_4510.jpegIMG_4511.jpegIMG_4512.jpegIMG_4513.jpegIMG_4514.jpegIMG_4515.jpegIMG_4516.jpegIMG_4517.jpegIMG_4518.jpegIMG_4519.jpegIMG_4520.jpegIMG_4521.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A very impressive result, Tony. The kit presented a few problems, not unusual for limited run kits. Nothing you couldn't sort though. I'll bet you're proud of this one.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Another great build Tony. Not often you see the Romanian markings.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great Rumanian colours and markings Tony. Getting it to this level for a short run production kit is fantastic.
The shape of this plane just reminds me of air racing designed planes.

Cheers,
Wabble

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ooh lovely job Tony
A very impressive result, Tony. The kit presented a few problems, not unusual for limited run kits. Nothing you couldn't sort though. I'll bet you're proud of this one.
Tony, superb..
Great looking build tony. :thumb2:
Another great build Tony. Not often you see the Romanian markings.
Looking great Tony! :thumb2:
That looks stunning Tony.
Superb result Tony, I enjoyed watching your build progress

Now that i like!

Outstanding work
Great Rumanian colours and markings Tony. Getting it to this level for a short run production kit is fantastic.
The shape of this plane just reminds me of air racing designed planes.

Cheers,
Wabble
Fantastic work Tony.
What a cracking model.
Lovely build Mucker!

Enjoyed watching it come together and by gum it looks superb now completed. Cracking job Tony.
Thanks a lot for the positive reception guys , I was pleased with how it turned out , I must admit at the beginning I was a bit unsure . I do love a romanian scheme though , ive still got a few more up my sleeve too , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A new one on me, but very nice anyway. Talk about colourful.
And a four leaf clover. I wonder if that's some sort of gypsie connection.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
A new one on me, but very nice anyway. Talk about colourful.
And a four leaf clover. I wonder if that's some sort of gypsie connection.
Cheers colin , I couldn't resist this decal option , having recently got back into a lovely red Alfa Romeo

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It is said, you're not a true petrol head until you have owned an Alfa Romeo. So what have you bought ?
Well I had a Mito 155 tb for about 9 years - rosso corse , horseshoe alloys , absolutely loved that car , but sold it about a year ago as it was getting a bit harder to get out of ( it was quite low and I'm not getting any younger )
Then got into a FIAT 500x , four door , high up , lovely car but after a year I got the itch again and ended up being seduced by a blood red Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce . 240 bhp , semi auto box , 18” horseshoe alloys in gunmetal , what can I say - I’m a sucker for a fiery Italian signorina!