MB 1/35 EUROPEAN CART

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
While waiting for the resin to set I had a look around my stash for something that would be different, and this came to light.

2022_5.jpg
Sprues

2022_7.jpg

Not attempted a horse before so much searching to take place.

2022_6.jpg
Instructions nice and clear.

Tried to give a look of timber on the base boards.2022_9.jpg

2022_8.jpg

2022_5.jpg
Did a lot of scraping on the parts, to remove mold lines, removed some of the slats to give an aged look.

Suppose this will sit for a while while the other build is finished. Might use the cart to pull the "dusty bin " I have .
John.

Attachments

• 2022_6.jpg
    2022_6.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Something very different to your usual fare John. A lot of scope for one of your stunning dios.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You are becoming very akri... agroo... akgrikul.... got it agricultural of late... What with weeds and water and all things green, and now a cart 'n 'orse......
PM sent.
Just don't expect any droppings !

Something very different to your usual fare John. A lot of scope for one of your stunning dios.
We can but live in hope Jim.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
With the last water dio out of the way I'm back on this.
The horses will be fun to paint, I've looked at various U tube experts, not sure if I can match them , but will give it a try.
Remember my "Dusty Bin " in 1/72, god that seems some time ago, these days something even with magnification I'd fail at.
I did find a 1/35 version so this will be at the end of the cart, instead of being buried in situ being towed to ready to set up.

Decided not to use the figures from the kit, so a search of "stock " has been made, hopefully they will pass.
2022_6.jpg2022_7.jpg2022_7.jpg
Need to sand that join line again .

2022_8.jpg2022_9.jpg
bit blurred, thought it was sharp, sorry.

2022_10.jpg
One "Dusty Bin " , loads os flask, but once some Tamiya Putty is on to show the cast think it will be ok.

2022_11.jpg
This would have had a metal ring to the outer dia , so filling required here.

Off now to pack away some older dios as running out of room in the cave !

Thanks for looking in.
John

Attachments

• 2022_5.jpg
    2022_5.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 3

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
With the last water dio out of the way I'm back on this.
The horses will be fun to paint, I've looked at various U tube experts, not sure if I can match them , but will give it a try.
Remember my "Dusty Bin " in 1/72, god that seems some time ago, these days something even with magnification I'd fail at.
I did find a 1/35 version so this will be at the end of the cart, instead of being buried in situ being towed to ready to set up.

Decided not to use the figures from the kit, so a search of "stock " has been made, hopefully they will pass.
View attachment 515573View attachment 515574View attachment 515574
Need to sand that join line again .

View attachment 515575View attachment 515576
bit blurred, thought it was sharp, sorry.

View attachment 515577
One "Dusty Bin " , loads os flask, but once some Tamiya Putty is on to show the cast think it will be ok.

View attachment 515578
This would have had a metal ring to the outer dia , so filling required here.

Off now to pack away some older dios as running out of room in the cave !

Thanks for looking in.
John

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Greta stuff John.
can you post a link to the original dusty bin? there area lot of new members who might find it interesting- I can barely remember it myself

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, well have to stop calling you Pyro and start calling you Orson Cart now John….Best advice I can give on painting horses is find a good clear picture of a horse that you like, and copy it. Don’t try to make anything up, it just doesn’t work. I know from experience…….and if you want to cry yourse to sleep, look at the work of Stubbs. First time I took my daughter to the National gallery in London (she was about six) she ran over to the huge Stubbs they have, sat in the floor, and just stared up at it in awe for about half an hour.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greta stuff John.
can you post a link to the original dusty bin? there area lot of new members who might find it interesting- I can barely remember it myself
Took some photos of the model Neil, don't think it was on this site, though I may be wrong. so here we go ..2022.jpg
Above you can just see the gun sticking out.

2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg2022_6.jpg2022_7.jpg2022_8.jpg

This might give the newer members an idea of what it was.
Can't remember who called it " Dusty Bin " but it stuck and describes it well . Couldn't work in that scale of 1/72 any more with my eye.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This gives a good view of how the thing was used.
thXr89N.jpg

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not the one with Ted Rogers I hope :tears-of-joy:
No, Andy as you can now see .;)

Wow, well have to stop calling you Pyro and start calling you Orson Cart now John….Best advice I can give on painting horses is find a good clear picture of a horse that you like, and copy it. Don’t try to make anything up, it just doesn’t work. I know from experience…….and if you want to cry yourse to sleep, look at the work of Stubbs. First time I took my daughter to the National gallery in London (she was about six) she ran over to the huge Stubbs they have, sat in the floor, and just stared up at it in awe for about half an hour.
:tears-of-joy: Always be Pyro Tim. I have enough trouble sleeping now with out bothering with horses. :confused:

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lost all interest in this, not me is it ! Somethings just not right so into the box it will go !

Steve Ski

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just catching this, John. Looks good, the base work and all. Painting those Big Dogs (ponies) is gonna be fun, so don't put em away! That's one area I have not ventured into yet, but I will have to eventually, got a few on the shelf.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing to set fire to I expect.

Pete
Flaming Horse ****, now that's an idea Pete.;)

Just catching this, John. Looks good, the base work and all. Painting those Big Dogs (ponies) is gonna be fun, so don't put em away! That's one area I have not ventured into yet, but I will have to eventually, got a few on the shelf.
Thanks Steven, but now all packed away, might at some distant point retrieve.