First Name
Ian
What make and scale is this?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That looks like a nice kit Simon. Lotsa parts too. I looked at the Meng kit of the R8, but not being a real wheely person, I passed on it. I'll just sit in the back with my new 10x mags on and watch you do your magic, Sir...

Prost
Allen

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
That looks like a nice kit Simon. Lotsa parts too. I looked at the Meng kit of the R8, but not being a real wheely person, I passed on it. I'll just sit in the back with my new 10x mags on and watch you do your magic, Sir...

Prost
Allen
Magic!! your having a laugh:tears-of-joy:
believe it or not this is my first car build in 40+ years. But i will give it my best shot there is a mountain of plastic and a few parts that i might attempt to improve like the plastic shocks …
simon

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking forward to seeing this built Simon, I've not built anything by Nunu before, interested to see how it is engineered.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
hi all & thanks for your words of encouragement, courage I really could do with, the kit has so far been really nice to piece together the trial fits for the first steps i have taken so far are great a bit more mould plugs than I'm used to but no biggies
i cut the front and rear shocks and rolled a couple of new springs.
20240622_164305.jpeg
then I trial fitted them, noted the lengths now there drying after painting ill post completed items later this week!!!
IMG_3289.jpeg
I have also primed the components for the first few steps as the main internals are in a black interior all were primed black, IMG_3291.jpegIMG_3290.jpeg
i also bought a detail up set from the Scale Model Shop, this is also from Nunu and its quite a comprehensive set, really please with it, carbon decals, seat belt materials and the PE. IMG_3292.jpegOh and the tiny little bag has the aerial in it (heads up I’m going to loose this)
more when I have it ;)
simon

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I binned off some of my carbon decals. It just got a bit too much with every part being covered in a decal. Paint gave me a neater finish. Good luck with yours. \looking good so far.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
I binned off some of my carbon decals. It just got a bit too much with every part being covered in a decal. Paint gave me a neater finish. Good luck with yours. \looking good so far.
Thanks, the detail up set arrived yesterday and theres a lot in it, but thinking along the same lines less is more plus all the decals you wont be able to see the model :tears-of-joy:

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Shocks are done, and the chassis, gear box & wheel arches and discs are all painted, flat black and metallic black Titanium silver on the discs
will try and get the chassis carbon fibre on next and hopefully a bit of assembly
IMG_3297.jpegIMG_3295.jpegIMG_3293.jpeg
Simon