Tim’s 20mm SHQ miniatures Airborne Vickers mg team

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all.
For my second build I will put this team together and paint them up.

IMG_2204.jpeg
They are white metal figures from SHQ miniatures. I’ve had these for a few years now, so it’s a good excuse to paint them. I will get them cleaned up and they can be primed with the Daimler in my other build…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cleaned up, based or mounted, and ready for priming.
IMG_2208.jpeg
The two guys on the paint pots will be mounted on the base so don’t need coins. I know the tripod is wrong, by the way, but the figure doesn’t fit behind it otherwise……

Attachments

• IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Apart from being metal as opposed to resin or plastic are these treated in the same way? Is clean up similar?
Being so shiny it's hard to see the detail in the photos - all those reflecting highlights. Easier to see when primed.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Apart from being metal as opposed to resin or plastic are these treated in the same way? Is clean up similar?
Being so shiny it's hard to see the detail in the photos - all those reflecting highlights. Easier to see when primed.
Yes Jim, I pre clean them in exactly the same way. It does blunt blades a little quicker, but you don’t get the furring that you can get when sanding plastics. Agree about the shineyness, but once they are primed and black washed the details are very easy to see.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just for Jim and John…..now primed and given a black pin wash to bring out the details…..
View attachment 512739

Good to see the the first two steps of the forum famous 'Marlow Method for figure painting' completed!

Can't wait to see your work your magic!

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ohhh Tim, some little blokes/lawn ornaments on the go too!!! Really nice and the black wash does bring the details out. They should paint up quite well, knowing you!!!...

Prost
Allen

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I was like Jim - I could hardly make them out in the metal, but the primer and wash have done wonders.

Do you hold the golf tees while painting, or support them in something? I have to attach small things to something heavy or they just shake around. It's like trying to paint a moving target :tears-of-joy:

I haven't quite got the hang of locking my hands together like my lad does.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good to see the the first two steps of the forum famous 'Marlow Method for figure painting' completed!

Can't wait to see your work your magic!

ATB

Andrew
Actually the first time I’ve used black washing for a couple of years. On the brighter fantasy stuff I prefer Zenitel priming these days. Hope I don’t disappoint…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ohhh Tim, some little blokes/lawn ornaments on the go too!!! Really nice and the black wash does bring the details out. They should paint up quite well, knowing you!!!...

Prost
Allen
Hope so Allen. The idea of the black wash is so I can actually see the detail LOL….