1/1 FACEHUGGER-ADVICE.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi!
If he's falling apart, strip him back and start again- but that being said I trashed an old AMT/ERTL Y-Wing while attempting to upgrade it. Too much stripper- it had the Alien Acid Effect! Ripleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Best,

Eugene
Lol, yep had that effect...bin and onto next project. Strip him down...NO! Not touching the bloody thing, it is still in one piece, at the moment and I am not touching it lol!

Funnily enough Eugene, I also did a Y-wing...

View attachment 106729

View attachment 106730

View attachment 106731

View attachment 106732

Si:smiling3:

DSCF4166_zpsbaeac82f.jpg

DSCF4162_zps31d130c0.jpg

DSCF4161_zpsac83076f.jpg

DSCF4163_zps1f6e0338.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I had to look up 'facehugger' to understand what the heck you lot are on about. I think I will change from having fish for dinner tonight...

E

eugene russell nash

View attachment 118041

View attachment 118042

View attachment 118043

View attachment 118044

View attachment 118045

View attachment 118046

View attachment 118047

View attachment 118048

View attachment 118049

View attachment 118050

View attachment 118051

View attachment 118052

View attachment 118053

View attachment 118059

Well Folks this is my completed Face Hugger and Alien Queen Foetus. It has been a long and arduous road! I thought that everything would be easier after the screws had come out and the holes were filled in. Boy did I ever get that one wrong! I used black and grey primer on the kit- idiot as you are supposed to use acrylic. But anyways I used them. There was a reaction in that the primer would not dry- not instantly and it affected the subsequent layers of paint. The muted flesh tones are all customised and without looking at my colour swatches the combinations are too many to mention. But I tried to make the skin as translucent as possible so that the Hugger would have the illusion of some inner workings, sinister and organic. There are no custom alterations and additions with the exception of the Foetus. The Foetus was easier to paint as it is a different type of vinyl or plastic that can accept the primer. For the slick slimy finish I used a combination of automotive clear and Tamiya clear acrylic clear. Otherwise this project is straight out of the box. From injecting all the silicon around the copper wire for internal strength and assembling the kit it has taken over 75hrs to complete with paint. I'm not sure that I would like to do another for myself. The only problem is that I've had several queries for commissions for both Halcyon and Thailand Recasts! However, I feel that I need a break from Face Hugger Ally. Damn thing is so Ugly! Who knows that one day I may wake having had some horrible dream about being smothered or something. I have my Chest, Dog, and Queen Bursters to come! Alien Frenzy! I'm gonna get my but kicked man- I'm gonna buy it in the work shop! They're gonna come there and get me! Hudsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!View attachment 118058

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

E

eugene russell nash

\ said:
yep thats the only way i know how to do it,
just take your time,and do it slowly cannot add back on well if you know what i mean, ;)
Hi Monica! The Face Hugger is Completed!

E

eugene russell nash

\ said:
I had to look up 'facehugger' to understand what the heck you lot are on about. I think I will change from having fish for dinner tonight...
Hi Joe,

This may put you off Fish Forever! My Face Hugger is now Complete!

Eugene