1/14 RC Truck

T

Tibbs

My future son-in-laws brother is autistic and massive lorry and bus fan... So when he pestered his mum for a truck he had seen online she being the soft touch type brought it... He had no idea it was a self build.... So, when son in law said his brother had a model truck but no idea how to build it, I said " no problem, I'llbuild it for him" so imagine my surprise when he dropped this off

View attachment 104273

RC controller coming next week....... Peeked inside the box, yeah, there is an awful lot of bits in there, had a look at the instructions "Gulp"...... Anyhoo, feel i may have a question or 2 in the coming weeks:confused:

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Amos,

That is a serious truck................ I'll hav to watch this one.

I have a couple of mini servos going begging for free if you want them........ let me know.

Peter

T

Tibbs

\ said:
Hi Amos,
That is a serious truck................ I'll hav to watch this one.

I have a couple of mini servos going begging for free if you want them........ let me know.

Peter
Cheers Peter..... That's a kind offer, I'll wait and see what he has in the RC package and let you know:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
NICE!!

I've built the odd RC or three in the past, but this is a "BIG" one!!:eek:

I'll be watching....o_O

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Follow the instructions to the letter. They are (or at least have been up to now) very clear so you will find it is not as hard as it looks.

99% is screwed together so very little chance of big mishaps. get it wrong just unscrew it and start again.

I used to love building them....for other people :sad:

The hard part is painting the buggers! lol

Ian M

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
oooo...this looks like fun :D look forward to seeing this go together

T

Tibbs

\ said:
Follow the instructions to the letter. They are (or at least have been up to now) very clear so you will find it is not as hard as it looks.
99% is screwed together so very little chance of big mishaps. get it wrong just unscrew it and start again.

I used to love building them....for other people :sad:

The hard part is painting the buggers! lol

Ian M
Ok, so delved into the box, looked through the instruction, and your right Ian, they seem fairly straight forward, so i made a small start on the chassis and will probably enjoy this more than i thought, and may do a build thread if your interested....... As for the painting, it comes pre-painted, which looks very good, but im told his brother is a Eddie Stobart fan and will just brush paint it with green emulsion (including windows)and buy a couple Stobart stickers for it..... So i may look into getting a decal set for it:rolleyes:......... May look into getting one for myself at some point, but will have to have the sound set and lights:cool:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am sure many would love to see a build thread. I think that it would be the first of one of these