1/16 KNOCKED OUT TIGER-DIO!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I was asked by a few folk on this and and another forum to slap the 1/16 knocked out Tiger on a base.

Cash is non-existent for building so it was all scratch made/adapted or scrounged/found in the spares/junk box. 

Finally done enough on this dio to call it finished. In fact I had just got this up on a group and have sold it for £110!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's the dogs bits and pieces Si, another battered diorama from the rust warrior!  xD

Nice one!

Lee :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stevekir

I like the rust. Lots of different types.

How did you get the strong colour for the tracks? And what did you use for the encrustation in various places. Baking powder, salt, fine sand?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like the rust. Lots of different types.

How did you get the strong colour for the tracks? And what did you use for the encrustation in various places. Baking powder, salt, fine sand?

Hi Steve.

I have a mix of three rust powders: old rust, new rust, rail rust. I then mix them and use that, I add to to the piece using the same rusts but individually. I also use a oil wash using browns and black diluted with white spirit in places. 

The encrustations are fine sand, find this better for non-uniform lumps and for longevity.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Spectacular!!

Are you sure you don't have the real thing in your back garden......? ¬¬ O.o 9_9 B|

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Spectacular!!

Are you sure you don't have the real thing in your back garden......? ¬¬ O.o 9_9 B|

LOL, I think my missus would go spare! Really chuffed you like it.

Mind blowing!!! I like it a lot! I you are a master!

Thank you Catalin, very kind words indeed, nah-not a master-still loads to learn.

S

Stevekir

Hi Steve.

I have a mix of three rust powders: old rust, new rust, rail rust. I then mix them and use that, I add to to the piece using the same rusts but individually. I also use a oil wash using browns and black diluted with white spirit in places. 

The encrustations are fine sand, find this better for non-uniform lumps and for longevity.

Thanks. I have a thing about rust. It can add a lot of realism. But to make it realistic (as you have) it seems necessary to look at rusty objects, and pictures of them.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks. I have a thing about rust. It can add a lot of realism. But to make it realistic (as you have) it seems necessary to look at rusty objects, and pictures of them.

Very kind of you to say so Steve, I have to agree, I do use reference pictures to get various looks or tones.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
love it Si,great tones in the rust,that bring life to death,well done, :D