1/18 scale Instytucie Szybownictwa IS-A Salamandra 53 scratchbuild model

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Stunning Work! You've done a fantastic job on this, the thread is long but well worth the read and look. You are lucky to have such great support from your wife too, I think I would just run if my missus turned up with a hammer, no questions. 4-star General in home” & “family's financial director : :D

Great build!

B

Bunkerbarge

I just feel that I've not read through a thread but read through a series of Masterclasses on various aspects of modelling. Many thanks for taking the time to put this together and share it with us on here. It was thoroughly enjoyable to watch this model going together and amazing so see how someone as competent as yourself can create solid parts from a 3D printer and your own laptop.

A stunning model with amazing detail and out of this world painting effects to end up with a simply beautiful diorama. Brilliant, thanks for sharing it with us.

N

Nick_Karatzides

\ said:
one word stunning! master class on weathering and rust.you have a great eye for detail.martin.
Thanks for the acceptance and congrats, but I think you are wrong. The model does not worth a sh1τ!... ! At least, this conclusion was made after the recent IPMS Hellas National competition, during which the honorable judges decided that the model is not even worth a commendation.Certainly, the failure of the model to distinguish, probably occurred because the honorable judges spoted errors & mistakes that I did not identified so far. Apart from a natural temporary disappointment that lasted not more than five minutes, this filled me with great optimism about local scale modeling, believing that the level is so extremely high that my model was not enough good, to meet the supreme standards. Sh1τ happens and we are all human and make mistakes - even the honorable judges.

What I find difficult to understand is that the same honorable judges, decided to award the gold medal to an aircraft model that had visible gaps (lack of putty). Mistakes are made to let us become better in future. Better modelers AND better judges! That's life, sh1t happens and better luck next time salute.gif

PS. Believe it or not, someone once saw the Noah's Ark model (1/350 scale by Minicraft) and said "...it's not accurate..."

IMAGE_0202_zpshn83drwn.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

I always think modelling is far more rewarding if you build for your own enjoyment rather than to impress a judge, who almost certainly will not see your work in the same way you do. Perhaps you can derive some satisfaction in knowing that your model and build thread was very much appreciated and admired by everyone who read it on here, which is a far wider audience than a single judge and so possibly a more accurate assessment.

First Name
Richard
Wow Nick, don't take those judges to serious;)

absolutely stunning craftsmanship you are displaying here.

Great use of cad an 3d printer solutions, the weathering is wow really good, I mean really good.

Cheers Richi

O

omi1966

Who's a better judge the people who make the models or the people who count the rivets, case closed.

Martin.

5big *****

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Who cares about the judges opinion? Not I !

I'd like to add my appreciation of the excellent lessons included in your thread. If ever I need to attempt 'wood' or any number of other things I know where to look.

I'd also like to express my admiration for a superb finished model and display, but then what do I know? I've never been an IPMS judge :smiling3:

It's a stunning display and as Richard said, it has been, and will be, much appreciated here. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Steve