1/24 Precedent, KD Perkasa

D

dabber

Guys, I would like to build this model, can you advise what comes in the box, as its advertised on ebay at the moment.

Thanks Gary

A

adzam

hi dabber

as far as i`m led to beleive there are two versions, a grp and a wood hull,

personally i would go for teh grp hull.

however, please bear in mind that these kits have been on the go for quite a while ( a good number of years) so please don`t expect too much from the fittings ( the detailing parts) as they`ll be made of wood.

what you should get in the kit is ( depending on which version) is wood and instructions for building, fittings and rudder and propshaft.

the 1/24 scale can be run ion either electric or ic engines.

you`ll need .....

motor or ic engine

coupling

minimum 2 channel radio set

electronic speed control if your going down the electirc route

battery if above true

if i.c route, then fuel tank and ancillaries will be req`d as extras

a big model which will take a fair bit of power to get her on the plane.

however with a bit of care and extra work they can be builtinto a very nice model.

check out www.hslmouldings.co.uk for extra 1/24 fittings

any more queries just post below, someone should be able to help

Adz..

B

BigJBB

Hello all, welcome Dabber to the most helpful and informative forum I've found yet. It i sgood to see another Aberdonian into boats I thought we were declining :shhhh: thankfully this appears not to be the case :dancing1: i like the look of the perkasas' and eventually intend buying a GRP hulled one to use with electrics (more opportunities to sail it) although if I were to restrict my self to the Duthie Park model yacht pond, the use of i.c is still perfectly acceptable there. Have you looked at the Anglai Model Centres' web page as they are the people who make the kits. http://www.angliamodelcentre.com/index.php?cPath=8_66_67 who I use regularly for mail order items and they do offer an exceptionally good service. My last order placed Thursday 16.30, goods on doorstep 10.40 on friday :grinball2: Well pleased with their attitude and completion of orders.

Let us know how you get on with the kit if you get one

cheers

Jim

p.s. off to Edinburgh for a sail tomorrow, car loaded 3 boats, 1 yacht and a barge :music_too :music_too

Last edited:
D

dabber

Hi Jim thanks for the welcome. I agree very helpfull. I will let you know how the build goes, perhaps see you at the Duthie Park.

Gary

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Hi neither the GRP or the wood kit come with any sort of Hardware pack because people who build them use different power plants so they don't supply any propshafts or rudders,so you have to buy everything to run it whether electric or I.C power and when i bought mine i went for the 49"wood kit one as i wanted a challenge and i have had it for over 10 yrs and still haven't finished it yet but will be starting on it after Xmas.

D

dabber

Hi and thanks for that, can you give me an idea what is in the box and what by way of fittings is useable. Perhaps a photograph of yours my be helpfull.

Thanks Gary

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
For both kits everything from the deck up is made of ply or balsa apart from a piece of copper tubing you get in the kit.

Here's afew pics of my boat but i will take some pics of the bags of wood parts you get in the kit to build parts of the boat,also on mine i am going to make the main gun at the front move left to right and up and down but to do that i had to make the section where the gun is removeable.

View attachment 14980

View attachment 14981

View attachment 14982

Copy of Picture 008.jpg

Copy of Picture 009.jpg

Copy of Picture 011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Just got mine of my shelf to take a pic of some of the bags of wood you get to build parts of the boat and i can't find one part for the front gun so i will have to make a new one,also took a pic of the removable section to house the servos for the gun also i still have to fit some ply sheeting to the hull as i didn't like what they put in the box for that part of the hull so i removed it and i still need some more balsa for the front end to finish it off and some filler.

View attachment 14983

View attachment 14984

DSCF0749.JPG

DSCF0755.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dabber

Hi Dynamite, thanks very much for going to all that trouble much appreciated my friend. You have convinced me that with some aftermarket parts this is a decent entry level RC model to purchase.

Gary

P

parker

hi just seen new warship that would make a cool model it is a MRTP33. any one seen this boat or any plans let me know thanks

H

hawk

new guy looking for 1/32 perkasa fittings

Hi, I just ran across this forum and saw a piece on 1/24 precedent Perkasa, so I thought I would sign up and try to get some help and maybe offer some help if I can

P

Peter Rippin

Hi, I've come accross this forum via a link and decided to join. I am building a 1/24 precedent Perkasa, the hull and decs are excellent but the rest leaves a lot to be desired so I am replacing superstructure with my own design and build. Is there anyone out there with any information or detail on the Bofors Gun?....photos to follow...

A

Aquarama

Hi John, yes the bofors on the Percassa is a bit basic but OK as a stand-off model, Sirmar Models used to make some superb cast armaments, the company was sold to a guy in St Helens they have webb page, contact on Tel / Fax: +44 1744 850975

e-mail psships@aol.com

Hope this is of use regards Aquarama:thinking:

G

Grizzly

Hi everybody, just signed up as i have just purchased the 37" G.R.P. version, so a bit disapointed with what you get for your money. The bow section seems to be a total mismatch so i shall replace it with a single ply piece rather than the 6 pieces suplied.

Anybody with the full build experiance who can tell me of any other pit falls would be gratefuly received Thanks in advance. Grizzly

S

Spyderman_uk

Hi Grizzly and welcome!

I don't quite follow what you are referring too when you say the "bow section". Are you talking about the deck?

I have a 37" Perkasa as well, although it is very old, and still un-built.:shhhh:Mine has a one piece deck front to rear with removable sections for access.

Terry