1/24 Stuka 87b Aifix - German Aircrfaft Interiors 1935 - 1945 Best Built Solution

3dguyz

HI all Im a 3d animator working for a motion picture company who's hobby is model WW2 German aircraft.

Just got the AIRFIX Stuka 1/24 I want to do this one HYPER ACCURATE

Looking for any Uncommon info on the plane.

Would love to get all the pics in a BOOK called GERMAN AIRCRAFT INTERIORS , does this exist in pdf? or scans, etc.. book seems over priced only need the stuka info.

many thanks all, happy to help with any things i know and share info on modeling and animating and lighting in the industry

thanks again

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy 3D,

First, welcome to the forum, we are glad you joined. please feel free to jump into any conversation that interests you, look at photos, post photos ask quetions or give advice.

Now Onto the Stuka. I am no scholar on this subject, but if you are not aware, the Ju-87 had "sirens" on the plane to give it that distinctive sound it had when it pulled into a dive. They were air driven and the airpcraft had to reach a certain speed i believe to get them starts sounding off.

If you would like some more information, some photos of the Ju-87's cockpit can be seen here: Warbird Photo Album - Ju-87 Stuka Cockpit and if you want even more, you can purchase these books found here : S q u a d r o n . c o m - Cookie (there are 11 books at this link for the Ju-87 ranging from $8.96 to $31.89) They are all indepth books with plenty of photos.

I hope this helps and again, welcome to the forum,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

3dguyz

trumpets of jericho

yes one of the simplest of terror weapons screaming dive bombers.

but yeah GERMAN AIRCRAFT INTERIORS 1935 - 1945 would be superb as i want to know how deep detail is needed

T

tigertc

Hi and welcome!!.....Sometimes buying the book is the simplest solution/looks good on a shelf/can be resold on ebay/can be used to light fires on crystalnacht etc..., and saves one hell of a lot of time!

.Geedub has however pointed you in the right direction...welcome to the minefield of JU87 variants :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

I've always loved the Airfix 1/24th scale aircraft. (I can't wait to see the Mossie later this year) but I never got around to trying the Stuka. That was one of the later ones and I was leaving my teenage years behind when that one came out. I have two Spits and two 109's in the attic though!! One day.

Don't forget to post some pictures as you build this one. I'm sure at this scale with that size canopy the cockpit detail will look superb.

R

rjwood_uk

Hi 3D.

take a look at this one one the ARC:

1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B2 Stuka by Frank Dargies

a good exaple of how detailed you really can go!

and here is a "walk around"

Ju-87 walkaround

no interior shots but good for external details.

here is a B on Large Scale Planes:

Large Scale Planes

LSP is quite good, esepecially for what your doing, check out the gallery im sure there will be more stukas. join the forum and ask around. they will know alot!!!

and here is a collection of peoples models in the gallery on the ARC:

JU-87 Gal_Fea Archives

There are quite a lot of 1/24 airfix ones on there so it could be good for resorces, if you look through them some people might have "supper-detailed" the cockpit and might be a good point of refference.

anyway, hope that helps and welcome to the forum!!!!

now you can help a complete noob on 3dsmax!! lol

Richard

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Bunkers mention of the Mossie reminds me,whilst in Antics the other day I was told that the tools were originally made by Heller,Airfix have reworked them to make for a better model,it is going to be a monster ! price to be announced.

M

maninblack

stuka

hi lads

heres my 1/24 airfix stuka

cheers

mib

DSCF0020.jpg

R

rjwood_uk

3dguy, if you give me your address, iv got a little prezzy for you.

Richard

G

Graeme Brumfitt

rjwood-uk aka Richard,

Wow thats one great lady, have just bought a KeilKraft Stuka on ebay do ya think I could get that level of detail and still get her to fly? poor lazzy band!! LOL

3dguyz

Many thanks guys Im heart warmed by the our pouring of help!!!!

I do have these resources, does the German Aircraft Interiors have any at all on the stuka? Not many people say so just wondering if m chasing a red herring.

many thanks again keep up the interesting in none the less pic, ideas, camo, white metal addons you name it.

whats the prezzy.

message me

R

rjwood_uk

I will send your present. thanks for the address.

Im not going to say what it is. You will have to wait and see! lol

Richard

3dguyz

wow how do I thank all of you again!!!!

Do you guys ever see the hasegawa fw190 end of the Reich 1945 kit with white metal parts acquired that as a gift from one of the animation studios in japan. will be built after the stuka

M

michelsie143

Airfix Stuka

A better reference to finish Your model:

Aero Detail N° 11

Junkers Ju87D/G

Loads of pics :thinking:

Last edited: