1:35 Dragon 6287 88mm Flak 37 (build version: 37, transport, extended shield)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Good evening, everyone!

I was asked to put up pictures for this build, so they follow below. So far, there has been no complications. The kit makes really great sub-builds and it's easy enough to assemble so far. Though I should say, I am only about to begin step 8 on a 35-ish step build.

There are mold lines on sprue C, but they are "Dragon-lines", so they are very unobtrusive albeit in need of light cleanup.

I found the chain links too large for the scale, and the measure of 1,2 cm was clearly too long. Should more likely have been the approx. 0,6 - 0,8 cm I used for the other side plate holding the gun.

Any questions or suggestions, feel free to join in!

Happy modelling,

Christian

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks quite a complex build looking at those instructions Christian and the gun looks very neat and clean .
Will grab a seat .

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thank you.

The build is not as complex as it seems. Just focus on one number at a time. Usually, Dragon's pieces fit into each other like specially made Lego pieces, so it's usually much easier than someone like ICM, Heller, and Ark Models, to me.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice sharp detail on those parts.
I notice that the decal sheet is from Cartograf so they should go down nicely too.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fantastic amount of detail .

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Nice sharp detail on those parts.
I notice that the decal sheet is from Cartograf so they should go down nicely too.
My understanding is that all Dragon kits come with Cartograf, except for maybe some very old ones. I think even Imperial series have Cartograf in some or many cases, but I would have to check what I happen to have.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice build Christian. I will tag along if I may. Have you decided which theatre of operation you are going to base your model on??

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thanks, guys!

Steve, I am considering both the 1945 two-tone sand yellow and brown camo as well as the German grey. Havn't decided, then!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'd love to get an 88mm and build it into a Flak diorama. Looking great so far

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well that's made Steve happy with the colour scheme ! :smiling2::thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I do have four copies of the kit, including the one I am currently building, so it is "only" a matter of time.
You could build all of them more or less the same, then make a diorama of an operational anti-aircraft battery …?

You’d only need, oh, a couple of square metres and about 50–60 figures?

Last edited:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
You could build all of them more or less the same, then make a diorama of an operational anti-aircraft battery …?

You’d only need, oh, a couple of square meters and about 50–60 figures?
Nice image, but they are far more likely to be built in transport mode to go on gauge 1 rail cars. :smiling:

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
.......or an overrun battery w/no figs, or a flak tower w/88 on each corner w/12.8 zwilling in the center, or...., or.... The possibilities boggle the mind. PaulE

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
.......or an overrun battery w/no figs, or a flak tower w/88 on each corner w/12.8 zwilling in the center, or...., or.... The possibilities boggle the mind. PaulE
I actually have a Zwilling from Takom. Don't have that kind of plan, though, but at the same time I do not know what to do with it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now that would be a model I’d like to see, a 1:35 scale Flakturm. Take your pick which one:

Flakturm-Bauarten.png (via Wikipedia)

The one on the left was 70.5 m × 70.5 m × 39 m, so that makes almost a nice, round 2 × 2 metres diorama that only has to be about 125 cm tall including the guns. Piece of cake!

Though now I’m seriously wondering if there are 1:300 or 1:285 scale 12,8 cm FlaK guns, which would make a thing like this actually feasible :smiling3: