1/35 German farm buildings....finished.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here are the three farm buildings joined together. I have yet to decide what I will do with them in a diorama. When I have, I will give them some more weathering and perhaps even damage some.....

If anyone would like to see how I made the last two barns , I posted them in my 'House from a Pizza' tutorial a couple of days ago.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 37374

View attachment 37375

View attachment 37376

Making a 1.35 German Farm House from a pizza 035.jpg

Making a 1.35 German Farm House from a pizza 033.jpg

Making a 1.35 German Farm House from a pizza 034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron mate , theres only one word for that -- absolutelyfan*******tastic!!!! cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's excellent stuff Ron. Waiting impatiently to see what you're gonna do with 'em now you got 'em!

Gern

B

Boldman

Agreeing with Dave here, these look great and it'll be interesting to see what can be done with them in a dio

A

AJay

These are fantastic! Would love to have a go at something like this.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Ron

Really amazing work mate, i cant believe the finish on these, im looking forward to see what you do next.

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wo, hey! Nice to see the trio resurrected and thanks for your great comments.

One thing I have learned from this, my very first go at buildings (Which are in 1/35 scale) is that compared with my ongoing 1/72 'Sniper' G.B. farm building, 1/35 is far harder to get to look right. The reason being, the larger scale requires loads of detail. Things like every nail hole, hinge, handle, every single thing has to be faithfully reproduced, nothing can be left out or it just won't work....Fortunately, I have neither the skill nor patience to do such work to an acceptable degree of accuracy.

That, my good friends is why I prefer 1/72! lol

These three have very little detail, but I thoroughly enjoyed the build and learned a lot from it, which I have tried to carry over to my present project.

Cheers,

Ron