1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Done nothing over the weekend really, seem to have lost interest.:cold-sweat:
I've a load of ferms in glycerine, they need another couple of days. Other than that just can't seem to find the interest in sitting down and painting up the base rocks. The trees will have to wait for the new stock.
Gets like that with any hobby sometimes, give it a break and it'll 'come back' - or at least that's what happens with me (though sometimes in the past the break has been years! :surprised: :fearful:)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The tree looks good. Your ferns really work. Have to tried simple PVA wood glue to fix them into the trunk holes?
Jim

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I was the same over Easter. Took four weeks off from the bench. The build will still be there when you return. Take it easy mate and enjoy the garden

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Get a grip, 453!
Trying 570, been out this morning to our tip, had to pre book then called in at Jewsons to collect some timber.Was nice to see a load of familiar faces.
Going to the tip was actually easier than getting a Dtrs appointment !

Now cutting some 25x 50 and painting for the greenhouse staging .Felt a lot better forgoing out,might do something tomorrow after gardening .

Don't force yourself JR.....I'm kinda in the same mood. Not loss of MOJO just feeling like :thinking: ......no enthusiasm.

Well at least Rick I'm not alone , it will return I'm sure.
Dzhon

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don’t force it John. The mojo will come back pretty quickly.....just catch up on your reading to give you inspiration.

Thanks Tim, actually been looking at other sorts o
Gets like that with any hobby sometimes, give it a break and it'll 'come back' - or at least that's what happens with me (though sometimes in the past the break has been years! :surprised: :fearful:)
Hell no Gerry don't say that at 73 I need to get to it :flushed::smiling2:
Hi John
The tree looks good. Your ferns really work. Have to tried simple PVA wood glue to fix them into the trunk holes?
Jim
I've thought of that Jim, bit concerned about ending up with white blobs on the trunk. But I'll give if a go.:thumb2:

Thanks guys

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I was the same over Easter. Took four weeks off from the bench. The build will still be there when you return. Take it easy mate and enjoy the garden
Steve thanks, hopefully it will pass. Going to do some reading research as Tim suggested
Ah the garden , at least that's looking good.
Cheers .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Trying 570, been out this morning to our tip, had to pre book then called in at Jewsons to collect some timber.Was nice to see a load of familiar faces.
Going to the tip was actually easier than getting a Dtrs appointment !

Now cutting some 25x 50 and painting for the greenhouse staging .Felt a lot better forgoing out,might do something tomorrow after gardening .

That's my boy!
Wot the 'ecks 25 X 50? If you mean 1"X 2", although I can work to the foreign version if I have to, please remember my age and kindly type accordingly!

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John your tre looks great. Sorry your in a slump

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's my boy!
Wot the 'ecks 25 X 50? If you mean 1"X 2", please remember my age and kindly type accordingly!
Move with the times 570, mind you I work in both depending how I feel !

Thank you Ron. I still think in inches, feet, yards, & miles and still have a complete set of mechanics tools in std. PaulE
Paul, I do work in miles, temp in F unless talking to your fellow countryman one Allen of Bamburg.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not many people think in pounds and ounces these days though.....and once you get below ounces there are very few people that even know what the measurements are. As for me, I use whatever seems the most useful.....rarely use kilometres though, and even if thats all that is available I find myself converting the distances back in my head.....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Been researching trees, Scots Pine in particular as these are prominent in Finland as well as mosg of Northern Europe. Having read and watched numerous videos of the making of I've sent off for some 6 mm dowel, another spare can of 3M picture amount and some .4mm wire.
Going to have a tidy up in the cave ! No not applying for membership of the TBC , given that up .
Will be back soon :thumb2:
Take care .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's my boy!
Wot the 'ecks 25 X 50? If you mean 1"X 2", although I can work to the foreign version if I have to, please remember my age and kindly type accordingly!
570 I work in what ever I can remember, even use the stick method, of course many will be completely unaware of such methods'.

John your tre looks great. Sorry your in a slump
Cheers Lee, seems to have passed, think the clean up has been a good thing !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the weather being so good I've been outside in the garden and greenhouse. This last few evenings I've managed to get a bit done on the trees.

Continued working on the Larch and made a start on the Scots Pine .

The latter have been fun to do , shaping the Balsa to a thinner top and then pushing in paper wrapped .4 mm wire. I've done a few joins as well in the branches. If this first one comes out ok I'll do a few more.

2021.jpg

Still work in progress.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The trees are looking good, Scots Pine aren't the easiest with the way they grow - though fine looking trees! I'm still struggling to represent a hawthorn bush!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The trees are looking good, Scots Pine aren't the easiest with the way they grow - though fine looking trees! I'm still struggling to represent a hawthorn bush!
Thanks Gerry, agree trees aren't the easiest at least they are not alike !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings for a somewhat damp Race Towers, out side I hasten to add.:smiling3:

Had to throw the pine trees away, just shows that putting the ferns in glycerine only for a few days doesn't work. Interesting as the stems are so small you would think the uptake of the glycerine would be quite quick. Before I have waited at least a week or more , removed, washed and pressed under weights, this time thinking as they were so thin it might be quicker to do a couple of days. No doesn't work.

Un phased by such things I'm going to carry on with the Scots Pine trees only, at least these will be more in keeping for Finland.
The joys of modelling !