1/35 mannequin

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
I acquired a couple of the AFV 1/35 mannequins and realize I've popped me self right out of any comfort zone I might of been in!IMG_20221104_174412_1.jpgI managed to finally get the fella into a reasonable pose I was after.
The right arm needs bringing in so he's got that 'i can't hear you' kinda thing going on and his left leg needs fixing too!
IMG_20221104_195409.jpgIMG_20221104_195422.jpgIMG_20221104_195439_1.jpg
Now I could do with some advice please.
I have used wire and ca glue but adjustment tends to dislodge the joins and I've used tacky wax in some areas.
Is there anyway to get better bonds? Should I bite the bullet and make final adjustments and use apoxie sculpt to fix the joints when when I put him back together?
Any advice/critique welcome plz.
Figure sculpt/building newbie,
Cheers Rob

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking good, Rob. I always just add more CA until I am happy, then set the joints with epoxy putty.
It helps if your wire is drilled very deep, so it stays attached even if not glued

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I'm going to follow your brave endeavour, Rob. :thumb2:
I'm not a figure sculpting modeller, I usually splash them with paints with arguable results and this is a good occasion to learn something new.

Andrea

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Rob, I do the same as Neil and also keep the hole for the wire armatures as tight as possible.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Looking good, Rob. I always just add more CA until I am happy, then set the joints with epoxy putty.
It helps if your wire is drilled very deep, so it stays attached even if not glued
Cheers Neil, I had an hour to start the second figure today and am getting instantly better results going deeper with the wire. Think I was being a bit soft on the first fella !
Great tip thanks.
I'm going to follow your brave endeavour, Rob. :thumb2:
I'm not a figure sculpting modeller, I usually splash them with paints with arguable results and this is a good occasion to learn something new.

Andrea
Nice one, cheers Andrea, let's hope any mistakes can be fixed or hidden!
We'll soon find out!
Hi Rob, I do the same as Neil and also keep the hole for the wire armatures as tight as possible.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Cheers Richard, I also took your advice and dropped a size on my drill bit and deeper tighter definitely works!
Cheers Rob.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
On Sunday I cleaned up the fella and then put him back together and filled the joints with epoxy putty. I still had great trouble keeping the pose while I did it, but with the new trick of drilling deeper and keeping wire tighter I hope the next chap will be a bit firmer!
I set the figure up and was gonna leave him for an hour then make any slight adjustments before the putty got too solid.
Unfortunately I got called away and couldn't do that but I hope I can iron out his stance once I get some clothing on the go.
Here's where I'm at.IMG_20221107_182021.jpgIMG_20221107_182042.jpgIMG_20221107_182103_1.jpg