1/35 mini art French barn

T

tommy1drop

Nice build and finish Stuart, really like the finish on the stone work and doors, really impressive mate;)

D

demon

Very very nice I like the ........... Was going to say tree but actually I like all of it

Roger

F

Fenlander

Nothing wrong with this at all. The whole thing looks natural, which isn't easy, but I especially like the doors. I am a big fan of the MiniArt buildings and this proves just how good they can be.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Very very nice I like the ........... Was going to say tree but actually I like all of it
Roger
Thank you Roger .
Glad you liked the tree ha ha

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Excellent paintwork.
Thank you really appreciate that

\ said:
Nothing wrong with this at all. The whole thing looks natural, which isn't easy, but I especially like the doors. I am a big fan of the MiniArt buildings and this proves just how good they can be.
thanks again .

Most of the kit was done in acrylics but the doors were finished off with a layer of oils to get the effect of worn paint.

That's what I tried to achieve.

I must admit the mini art kits I find hard to put together or is that just my lack of skill.

Really great feed back thank you for your kind words

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like this one,Stuart,

the paint work of the stones and doors are great,very well done, ;)

the whole thing looks real nice ,

that tree,I just love,the foliage looks great,can we see it close up plz, :D

and how did you get the foliage looks so good,like needles,?

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cracking dio looks the part

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
real like this one,Stuart,
the paint work of the stones and doors are great,very well done, ;)

the whole thing looks real nice ,

that tree,I just love,the foliage looks great,can we see it close up plz, :D

and how did you get the foliage looks so good,like needles,?
Thank you Monica for your great feed back .

Everything on the dio was done by me but I must hold my head in shame as the tree I bought new ready made.

I did not try to fool anybody I was only just starting out and thought that's what was done.

I did not know how to build my own trees back then.

It looked like the right scale so I used it .

Hope this does not effect the other areas of my work .

Sorry guys I feel bad now

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Everything on the dio was done by me but I must hold my head in shame as the tree I bought new ready made.

I did not try to fool anybody I was only just starting out and thought that's what was done.

Why? Nothing wrong with buying a tree. It isn't cheating or deceptive at all, be proud of a great model..

Oh, yes, MiniArt can be a pain to fit together especially if you don't do a great job cutting them out. I have one to do for my Waffenträger, simple one to build. However the skill is in bringing them to life with paint and if I did half as well as you did on this one, I would be ecstatic :smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Why? Nothing wrong with buying a tree. It isn't cheating or deceptive at all, be proud of a great model..
Oh, yes, MiniArt can be a pain to fit together especially if you don't do a great job cutting them out. I have one to do for my Waffenträger, simple one to build. However the skill is in bringing them to life with paint and if I did half as well as you did on this one, I would be ecstatic :smiling3:
Thank you for the pick me up that's made me feel a lot better .

Let me know when you start your mini art kit as will follow to see you put it together

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:

Absolutely nothing wrong in using a pre made tree and it does not affect other area's of your work(it enhances it) :smiling3:

Us modeller's use what we can to make a finished project look great.

Does it make us less of a modeller if we can't sculpt our own figure's for a diorama?No..

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Absolutely nothing wrong in using a pre made tree and it does not affect other area's of your work(it enhances it) :smiling3:
Us modeller's use what we can to make a finished project look great.

Does it make us less of a modeller if we can't sculpt our own figure's for a diorama?No..
Cheers feeling loads better now.

I am still at a beginners level so I have a lot to learn .

Thanks again for the great feedback

D

demon

\ said:

Don't feel bad that's what it's all about I do like the tree but only because I know how difficult trees are to make so I for one would have done the same

It's a cracking good build and if I thought I could get anywhere as good I would give it a go myself I particularly like the paintwork on the doors

Roger