1/35 mini art French barn

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have this kit in my stash and you have given me an idea for a build ,well finished

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Don't feel bad that's what it's all about I do like the tree but only because I know how difficult trees are to make so I for one would have done the same
It's a cracking good build and if I thought I could get anywhere as good I would give it a go myself I particularly like the paintwork on the doors

Roger
Thank you for your feedback Roger really appreciate it.

A few have said the same now about the paint work on the doors so I must be doing something right.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
I have this kit in my stash and you have given me an idea for a build ,well finished
Hi tanktrack

Thanks for the feedback.

Will this be your next project then ?,its's a nice kit with lots of detail.

S

Stevekir

I have never tried a scratch-built tree. I think it would be very difficult to get it right, which could spoil the model. (I once saw a tutorial on making an oak tree. The author had stamped out or cut out piles of oak leaves, probably over 500 which would not be enough!) I fancy making a small tree using the stalks of a bunch of grapes, clad in some sort of greenery.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
I have never tried a scratch-built tree. I think it would be very difficult to get it right, which could spoil the model. (I once saw a tutorial on making an oak tree. The author had stamped out or cut out piles of oak leaves, probably over 500 which would not be enough!) I fancy making a small tree using the stalks of a bunch of grapes, clad in some sort of greenery.
I will try to make a tree one day but I am not at that level yet

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, very nicely done, it looks realistic and is well finished. Great job Stuart.

First Name
Robert
Very impressive indeed Stuart I really do like your colouring and stonework effect. Truly you have a skill there that needs to be shared

Kind regards

Robert

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Very impressive indeed Stuart I really do like your colouring and stonework effect. Truly you have a skill there that needs to be shared
Kind regards

Robert
\ said:
Kind regards

Robert
Wow thank you Robert that is some great feedback .

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my build

N

norm

Took me a moment to realize the second photo was not of a realworld counterpart (had to go back and compare to the first and notice the little gap between the wall and the ground. Exceptionally done!

First Name
barry
Great work Stu, weathering very well done and the tree nothing wrong there .

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Took me a moment to realize the second photo was not of a realworld counterpart (had to go back and compare to the first and notice the little gap between the wall and the ground. Exceptionally done!
\ said:
Thanks Norm

It's great to know it looks that close to the real thing.

A gap I could kick myself for that mistake ha