1/35 Russian Front "The Forgotten Sacrifice"

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I try to make my stuff look as good as his but "in my eyes " its just not even close.
He has lived longer, soon he will too old and dodgy and the modeling crown will pass to you! :D

We all crit our own pieces, what looks bad in our eyes others see differently.

Si:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thank you all again am personally not quite satisfied with some of the tinting and hues , but will get to work on it and re-post changes soon enough, hope not to bore though, just excited to talk with others with same interests, family and friends just roll their eyes and try to be polite to the old geezer and his 'toys' UGHHH!

T

Tibbs

\ said:
Thank you all again am personally not quite satisfied with some of the tinting and hues , but will get to work on it!
Glad your going to sort it out, those shoddy tints and hues were making it a bit of an eye sore :P

First Name
Robert
In 1941 when HItler ordered operation Babarosa he never had an inching of the true might of the red army and as the war progressed the hatred and the personal sacrifice of all Russians was felt to push back the jack boot

WHat you have created here is the pure might of the Red Army. The 88 would have been a formidable opponent but it's in one place and cannot be moved as easily as the Germans would want and once the T 34 zeros it's 76mm gun then two or 3 rounds silences the 88.

The sacrifice for that ground is shown by the dead German soldiers not able to keep up the attack and push of Stalins might. Less and less tanks are being put on the front line and the had tracks have to make do the gap but still fail miserably.

The sheer might of the Rusian Army is too much and the equipment is left as the Germans retreat back to home ground.

Jim your vehicles and DIo tells such a vivid story of battle at its worst, and shows the sacrifice that soldiers made and the weather conditions they fought in. It is shown in the faces which you have superbly demonstrated in your face painting.

The dirt and vehicles bogged down in the mud is very typical of Russian weather

An awesome build with oodles of character and showing the true sacrifice of war fare

Regards

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking dio Jim ........ Loads of detail and portrays the ugliness superbly.........

...... and that Salt & Pepper pot looks very lifelike, 10/10 for that :D

D

dougie

\ said:
hes my father hence the eh review :smiling3: he has the best gritty dirty technique ive ever seen and wish I could emulate. Wait for some more of his stuff when I said ive seen better its because ive seen all his work and he has better ones!
I wondered, I thought maybe you were 'friends' and just like to wind each other up but a father needs to earn his respect Damnit.

R

Ray Scheller

That is spectacular. So much to look at. I bet I spent 20 minutes looking at all the details. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Ray

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That is spectacular. So much to look at. I bet I spent 20 minutes looking at all the details. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Ray
Thanks Ray, The Mrs.said many more of that size and I'll be living in the shed with them!:oops:

R

Ray Scheller

Just think how many of these you could build living in the shed. Not much company in there but we'd sure get to see more amazing dio's from you.

Ray

D

Deleted member 3568

That is something to aspire to simply stunning modelling and story telling I can feel the cold and fatigue, I know hardly anything about armour but the tints look perfect to me. I am in awe of your modeling skills.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Just think how many of these you could build living in the shed. Not much company in there but we'd sure get to see more amazing dio's from you.
Ray
Thanks Ray , I am just starting a WW1 dio {2 tanks and about a dozen figures, big board} looks like I'll be off to the shed:oops: but at least it's heading into summer LOL.................Jim:smiling3:

P

paul 1/16th freak

My photography is not up to much this is a 1/72nd italeri,Caesar miniatures desert scene.my first

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
My photography is not up to much this is a 1/72nd italeri,Caesar miniatures desert scene.my first
Thank you Paul:smiling3: Thought they were 1/35, looks good to me. Just keep at it you only get better and better;)...............Jim

S

Stevekir

Its the detail that makes if for me, including the churned up ground.

W

Weeman0000

Looks like the guy died screaming 5th pic from the end. [100-3396.jpg]

Very dirty and detailed! love it!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Looks like the guy died screaming 5th pic from the end. [100-3396.jpg]
Very dirty and detailed! love it!
Just saw your comment, thanks a bunch, when I look at it now I can see so many areas where I could have done a much better job, I'm sure a lot of us feel that way about older builds after our skills have advanced a bit, maybe some of us should re-vamp some ancient stuff and do a "before and after" thread whenever you don't feel like doing yet another build to add to the clutter.o_O...................Jim:smiling3: