1/35 Sherman M4A3 Calliope

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Pete
I built one of these ages ago and used the same drawings. The only thing I found was on the hull and some other areas the plastic had started delaminating and flaking but I may have had a bad one. Looking forward to this
Hi Scottie I can remember it if I can do half as good a job I'll be happy, as for the kit it's old but seem ok.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Pete,
Don't you just love adding boltheads :tongue-out3:, works wonders for the eyes, dexterity and reactions chasing the little blighters across the bench when they decide to flick off and play hide and seek. :anguished:.
Keep up the great work.
Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete,
Don't you just love adding boltheads :tongue-out3:, works wonders for the eyes, dexterity and reactions chasing the little blighters across the bench when they decide to flick off and play hide and seek. :anguished:.
Keep up the great work.
Mike.
Hi Mike, only someone who has does loads of boltheads could describe it so well :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Small up date.

This what the rear shold look like.

1542475046648.png

This is how it come's, I added tail pipe, flange and rivets.

Thank you for looking in.
Pete.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Big fan of your engineering expertise and detailed blogs Pete. I always learn a lot but totally unable to offer help and advice as I know nothing.:tired: So I will sit back and admire your work as you go.:cool::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Big fan of your engineering expertise and detailed blogs Pete. I always learn a lot but totally unable to offer help and advice as I know nothing.:tired: So I will sit back and admire your work as you go.:cool::thumb2:
Cheers Steve thank you very much, as for knowing nothing I have seen a lot of your work and it's the other way round I learn from you.You are always welcome so take a comfy chair it might be a long one.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi got a bit more done I've added font sandbag armor and cage, side armour and cage only. (If the tank had sandbags fitted it would have 'duck- bills' fitted nine of ten times, as I don't have any the cage will be empty) This tank has no sandbags on the side.
1542731315110.png
It was found that 170 Sandbags was the preferred number to cover a Sherman – however they would often use 200+ – which would add a further 1.7 to 2 tonnes to the vehicle’s weight.

If you want to know more about duckbills.
http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/tracks/vvss_end_connectors.html

Also fitted exhausts gas deflector system .
1542732338897.png
Replaced handles.
Made up 2x jerry cans and mounting brackets.

Thank you for looking in .
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Pete,
Now this is starting to come together really well, lots of skills coming into play here :thumb2:
Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Cheers Mick, I'm getting there slowly, now I've finished his baby brother I can concentrate on this a bit more.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Pete,
Same here, just cannot shake the persistant cold, if it keeps up then it is the straw into the Jack Daniels and retire to bed.
As for the work, still looking neat and tidy.
Get well soon,
Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete,
Same here, just cannot shake the persistant cold, if it keeps up then it is the straw into the Jack Daniels and retire to bed.
As for the work, still looking neat and tidy.
Get well soon,
Cheers, Mike.
Thanks Mike, I wish it was just a cold. PM sent.
Pete.