1/35 T34/85 in village on way to Berlin 1944

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
All done will post some black and white tomorrow when on pc
Thanks to Steve Jones for the brilliant T34 .
Really enjoyed doing this .
Dzhon IMG_20220206_113433891.jpgIMG_20220206_113412454.jpgIMG_20220206_113329240.jpgIMG_20220206_113320254.jpgThanks to all those who followed and commented.
Next build some Russian thing !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nice indeed John, looking forward to the black and white pics.....a real shock to find you building something Russian too!! Who'd have thought it..... ;)

In all seriousness, what set you off on the path of all things 4BO and related?? Also, when was the last time you didn't build something Russian?

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Another brilliant dio. This sort of thing really is your forte. Well done Sir
Jim
Thanks Jim, just love doing dios, any chance to do a building and I'm happy .

Cracking build 453.

Very, very nice!

Thank you indeed 570 .

Very nice indeed John, looking forward to the black and white pics.....a real shock to find you building something Russian too!! Who'd have thought it..... ;)

In all seriousness, what set you off on the path of all things 4BO and related?? Also, when was the last time you didn't build something Russian?

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks mate .
Interesting question Andrew, I decided to start modelling again when I had retired, I wanted to find a genre . The battle of kursk being the biggest ever tank battle caught my attention and I wanted to model the underdog. The history of Russia and its people had always interested me, not the ideas of Lenin and later the murderous Stalin who took the country to the brink of collapse, but the stoic nature of a people who found themselves forced into a war that destroyed their country and how they fought to rid them selves of the Nazis only to be trapped in servitude .Hence the 4BO .The last time I didn't build a Russian was the Greenhouse , and before that a Tiger Tank .:nerd::smiling3:

Great looking dio John, some superb work .
Hi Mark, thank you very kind .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Absolutely superb John. Your dioramas go from strength to strength and are now a benchmark for others to aim at. I wouldn’t call the largest military force in the world at the time of Kursk the underdog though LOL….

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thank you so much for doing this dio mate. It has come out far better than I hoped for. The figures look so natural on the tank. The buildings and the base are so life like. The B&W photos will make it look like the real thing. One to be proud of my friend

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful
Thanks Dave.
Absolutely superb John. Your dioramas go from strength to strength and are now a benchmark for others to aim at. I wouldn’t call the largest military force in the world at the time of Kursk the underdog though LOL….
Very kind of you to say Tim, ha the underdog, well because they were badly trained and led, had some outdated armour and were fighting a highly trained professional army ;)

Thank you so much for doing this dio mate. It has come out far better than I hoped for. The figures look so natural on the tank. The buildings and the base are so life like. The B&W photos will make it look like the real thing. One to be proud of my friend
So please your happy with it Steve, its certainly upped my figure painting !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wowy Zowy JR This whole scene is the Bomb.......Give yerself the DOG"S DANGLERS on this one !! :thumb2: :thumb2:
Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautiful work John, well planned and laid out and the figures look outstanding!
Very well done mate:thumb2:

Jim.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Stunning work John, absolutely stunning!!

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks for the info John. And love the b&w photos. Will have to have a proper look on my laptop at some point.... The phone doesn't always do photos justice.

Again, great work.

Andrew

Reactions: JR