1/35 Tiger

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ryefield 5100 Mid production Tiger. At last got it finished, taken about 5 weeks. Found the parts fit to be pretty good though would do things a little different if attempting a similar model. Got an MB tank crew which I managed to squeeze in to give it scale. Decided to paint them black to make 3D silhouettes. Think I might take a break and build a raft next, something simple...
20240128_205019.jpg20240129_200252.jpg20240129_200305.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well that is not something you see every day. Very well played sir! And hidden behind such an unassuming thread title.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great result Andy.
The cut away kits are interesting. I think I prefer them over transparent plastic to show internals.

ATB
Paul

john hutton

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Andy 55, That looks amazing, I have a couple of RFM Tigers in the stash. Think I will leave them in their boxes now I have seen your one. Great work matey.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you for the comments. I'd build the turret differently as the destructions have you build the top ring then simply add the turret floor, hummm, there's an awful lot that has to be bang on...know it would be fiddley but think it would be better with the floor and ring in place, then everything lines up.
Decided I hate painting road wheels as well. lol

Thanks
Andy

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great result Andy.
The cut away kits are interesting. I think I prefer them over transparent plastic to show internals.

ATB
Paul
I think that as well.
Andy 55, That looks amazing, I have a couple of RFM Tigers in the stash. Think I will leave them in their boxes now I have seen your one. Great work matey.
If I went by what other people build, then I'd have given up by now. There are some truly amazing builds on here. I do what I'm capable of and enjoy it. That's all you can do John.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
First off. I love the cut away. They have a 1:1 tank at the tank museum, (Bovington). Amazing. Yours is just as amazing, more so given the scale!
I'd love to have a crack at one but will wait until my skills improve somewhat.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'd love to have a crack at one but will wait until my skills improve somewhat.
Doug, if you don't try you won't know. When it arrived I took the box lid off... and quickly put it back on. Now what the f... have I done this time. It may sound silly but seeing the finished thing it's wow. But anyone can do it, you start at page 1 and it just grows. Oh and it's easier than a non cut away as you don't have to do any weathering.