1/35 Warrior

First Name
Aaron
Looking really good Steve mate, how do you rate the black dog resin?

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Looking really good Steve mate, how do you rate the black dog resin?
The three bits I have used in this build are very good, big pour casting blocks, but came of easily with a small tamiya razor saw. Detail on the side nets is very high and casting is excellent, cut outs between net and stowage items. Would highly recommend this set.

Last edited by a moderator:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
While catching up with Silent Witness last night, I thought I would make a start on the figures to accompany the warrior for its street scene, so with tray on lap and bottles of Vallejo, MIG and AK I got to work; really pleased with how the ‘old’ man has come out, need a few minor touches ( oh and his arm adding :smiling3: ), The warrior crew heads just need minor touch ups and the infantry chap his chin straps painting in and the camo going over again and then the bodies are next o_O . The Warrior is 98% done – just need to add light guards, one mirror, shovel , mesh for vision blocks (undecided), few bits of baggage and light clusters and door buttons touched in on the rear. Thinking probably 80% seeing that list :sad:
Photos are over 200% bigger than actual figures.

View attachment 100472 View attachment 100473 View attachment 100474 View attachment 100475
Absolutely fab work there my friend ! though at first glance seeing old Binny on left and your lads heads on sticks on right gave a bit of a start ! :P

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Grandpa fixed to the base. Had a bit of a disaster, was turning him on his 'pin' when his leg snapped at his ankle, luckily a clean break and it was the pinned leg, so drilled a hole in the base and stuck him on, bit raised at rear, so will carrve/sand that bit away;

View attachment 102393

View attachment 102394

FUJ_3943.JPG

FUJ_3945.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Instead of finishing this i have added more stuff, gramps looked lonely facing the warrior, crew and single soldier, so from the Meng set i got off ebay (£4!!) added the young boy. Work started on him, just a few touch up points and he will be done;

View attachment 102395

View attachment 102396

View attachment 102397

"ahlan as-salaam 'alaykum"

FUJ_3924.JPG

FUJ_3925.JPG

FUJ_3926.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Some good looking weathering work Steve, figures look good too.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Looking really good Steve,do real like the weathering on the tank,and the added carry racks as well,

make a world of diffidence to look of it,

very nice job on the figures as well,they look great, ;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Well used cooler...... great touch!! :D

Gotta keep those 'tinnies' and bottled water cool!!:rolleyes:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just read through this thread Steve. The Warrior looks fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished model.

The weathering and stowage are particularly nice.

Cheers

P

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Outstanding Work my friend! ;) Like your style, nice and Gritty as is to my liking. Carry on! - JIM