1/4 Scale Honda CB 750

• Thread starter My Model Car Workshop
  • Start date
M

My Model Car Workshop

This is one of the the DeAgostini Motorbike monthly part works which I ordered a few weeks ago. The first four parts arrived this morning and the rest of the kit will follow on a monthly basis. These kits are not cheap, costing £32 per month over a two year period. All the parts are of all metal construction, except, tires, cables, lights, seat, and other small parts. Everything bolts together with the sets of screws, nuts and bolts that ship with each set of parts. No gluing is necessary. No painting is required, as everything is stove enamelled or chromed ready to assemble. It has working lights, indicators and authentic engine sound, from a built in unit, which fits inside the display cabinet/stand, which is issued as the last part of the kit. Building instructions come on a dvd with each montlhy parts issue. or can be downloaded from the DeAgostini website.

Here are the first four parts of the kit. You can read more about this kit by clicking on the link below.

I won't be starting this kit, until sometime next year, when I have collected nearly all of the parts. I have enough models to keep me going for quite a while yet.

View attachment 114116

View attachment 114117

View attachment 114118

View attachment 114119

http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-honda-cb750.html

Part 01.JPG

Part 02.JPG

Part 03.JPG

Part 04.JPG

D

dougie

Cool, really nice. When my falcon sub finishes I may... May go for something like this.

D

Deleted member 3568

1 1/4 scale that will be huge 704 the quid is dearer than the pocher ducati can't wait to see this one started, you may have noticed I'm a bit of a bike fan, 1 1/6 is big I wonder how much bigger 1 1/4 is. I will just have to curb my enthusiasm for a year.

B

Bunkerbarge

I have the Minichamps 750 Four at 1/6th scale, which is an amazing model but at 1/4 this will be quite stunning. Not cheap mind you but pretty rare!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I too thought it was expensive, as is with many of these kits. But, if you don't drink, smoke and can afford then why not.

Looks a lovely well made kit.

Si:smiling3:

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
1 1/4 scale that will be huge 704 the quid is dearer than the pocher ducati can't wait to see this one started, you may have noticed I'm a bit of a bike fan, 1 1/6 is big I wonder how much bigger 1 1/4 is. I will just have to curb my enthusiasm for a year.
Yes it is an expensive kit Ken, but at £32 per month (£8 per week) you don't really miss it. You can buy the whole kit in one go, but I would have to part with just over £700 in one go and I don't think SWMBO would approve. :eek:

She is quite happy for me to buy it monthly (out of my own spends). :D

Yes it is a large kit at 1/4 scale and weighs about 8kg when built (that's the same as eight bags of sugar). I would have loved to have bought the whole kit, but I can't afford that sort of money in one go, so I will have to collect it month by month. :sad:

As I have said, I have plenty to be going on with, including the Tamiya 1/6 scale Harley Davidson 1200cc Superglide, which is quite an awsome kit in itself.

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
I too thought it was expensive, as is with many of these kits. But, if you don't drink, smoke and can afford then why not.
Looks a lovely well made kit.

Si:smiling3:
No I gave up smoking five years ago and hardly drink much at all. This kit costs less than two packets of fags per week and I got through six packs a week when I smoked.

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes the Tamiya kits are outstanding, I have not built the superglide but have read on another forum there is a problem with the connecting of the down pipes and the exhausts, maybe something to watch out for, personally I've had no fit problems on any that I've built, they've gone together hand in glove perfect, just saying something to maybe be prepared for.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Thank's for that Ken. Do you know what web site that was? I like the Super Glide, nicer looking than the Fat Boy.

D

Deleted member 3568

I think it was Britmodeller.com and it was member activexp but don't shoot me if I'm wrong there is definitely at least 1 1/6 tamiya superglide on there.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi I just checked and I was correct just wrong bike was the flathead Harley.

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Hi I just checked and I was correct just wrong bike was the flathead Harley.
Hi Ken, just read it myself. It was the Harley Police Bike as you said. Had a good read of his build and his final showcase on this model. It is some beast and considering the problem with the badly fitting exhaust, he got round it as best he could. Looking forward to starting my Harley Super Glide, not too keen on the Police Bike or the Fat Boy, they seem too chunky and too much panelling. The Super Glide is a nice looking bike. Anyway, Iv'e spent enough on kits over the last few months, so time to get building some, once I have finished of the jobs SWMBO has got in mind. No peace for the wicked I suppose, but you have to keep them sweet.:rolleyes:

B

Bunkerbarge

Geoff, The more I look at this and compare it with my Minichamps model the more I can't tell them apart. Are you completely sure that this is 1/4 scale? What is the diameter of the wheel you have?

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
These kits are not cheap, costing £32 per month over a two year period
That is cool, but my wife will murder me if I tried to pull this one on her!!:eek::cool::confused:

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Geoff, The more I look at this and compare it with my Minichamps model the more I can't tell them apart. Are you completely sure that this is 1/4 scale? What is the diameter of the wheel you have?
Yes it is definitely 1/4 scale. The diameter of the front wheel without the tyre is 5 inches. Compare it with the wheels from the Tamiya 1/6 scale Harley Davidson Super Glide, in the photos below. I don't have the rear wheel of the Honda yet, as this will come later.

Tamiya Harley 1/6 scale Front & Rear Wheels on the left. DeAgostini Honda CB750 Front Wheel on the right.

View attachment 114221

Harley 1/6 wheels left Honda Front tyre Right

View attachment 114222

If you click on the link at the bottom of my first post on this thread, it will take you to the DeAgostini site, where you can read all about this kit. Not sure if it is available in the USA.

DSC03538.JPG

DSC03539.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

So much bigger, I just can't get my head round the difference 2 scales can make. I really do love the bike models though, wish more manufacturers would make them.

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
So much bigger, I just can't get my head round the difference 2 scales can make. I really do love the bike models though, wish more manufacturers would make them.
Yes I was looking on your thread Ken, where you have all the different scales lined up together, it's surprising how just one scale up can make a vast difference.

Here's one bike I haven't seen before in 1/6 scale. but I don't really fancy it myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Motorcycle-Model-1-6-Motorbike-Honda-GORILLA-Big-Scale-Hobby-16031-/251872792521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa4c9cfc9

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes seen that, not to my taste either but ( I cant remember where) I have seen an amazing build of that kit .

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Yes it is definitely 1/4 scale. The diameter of the front wheel without the tyre is 5 inches.
That seems to add up, the wheels on my 1/6th Minichamps CB750 are arouind 3 1/2 inches diameter and that is a big bike! This one will be huge!