1/48 Esci Henschel HS 129 B-3

T

treyzx10r

I'm starting up the Hs129 ,going to do the B-3 version. Dry fit looks so,so its going to need some filler here and there. Especially the wing root areas.

Very stark office but its going to be a closed canopy anyway so not much at all will be seen

I have a pilot left from another build so an in flight wheels up build is the plan

I've gotten the wings and tail feathers glued and started filling the gaps with Squadron putty. The plastic on this kit is very soft so I did'nt want to use Ca it would be to hard me thinks.

I pulled off the protective tape while the filler was still wet

then used some acetone on a 'Q' tip to blend it, I'm hoping to cut down on the amount of sanding and saving as much surface detail as possible

on to the tail feathers !

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Another great build on the way Trey!

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Fellas The sanding and blending done and the pilots ready

J

John Huggins

Nice one Trey, looking forward to the finished product.

John

C

Caledonia

Nice work Trey, I especially like the paint work on the Pilot. Cheers Derekkkk

T

treyzx10r

Kresten,John,Derek,thanks appreciate the kind words.I was'nt looking forward to having that long barrel in the way for the rest of the build

The barrel glues to the fuse inside the farining, so in order to get around it and still have the fairnig in place I decided to cut the barrel . I measured the barrel so the cut area would be well hidden inside the fairing

A small wire will help align and hold it after the painting is complete

test fit looks good

Fairing is now glued into place and the landing gear door areas have been sanded and the tab holes filled with styrene scraps

J

John Huggins

Good thinking Trey, i to hate things that stick out & get in the way, i'll remember this one for next time.

Looking forward to more pic's.

Have fun

John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Completely missed this one! Nice work and an interesting subject.

I put a bid in on Pegg's Hs129 book on evilbay recently.A waste of time as it will end up going for the best part of 200 quid....WTF!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

John thanks,Steve I'm geussing 200 quid is a tidy sum? and thanks. James thanks hope it helps !I 've made a little headway and sprayed some base black and then the rlm 65

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking better all the time Trey.

200 quid is 200 of Her Majesty's pounds,equivalent to roughly 315 US dollars at todays rate. A VERY tidy sum :smiling3:

You'd have to need the book badly or have more money than sense. It went for about 30 quid when it was still in print.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Looking good Trey.Can i ask why you have used black primer?/

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Coming along nicely Trey.

Vaughan

K

Kressy13

This is coming along well mate. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see it painted.

Cheers

Kresten

T

treyzx10r

Wow Steve someone was in real need of that book I geuss huh? Dave thanks ,my hope is that I can lightly wet sand the finish and bring the raised details out . Vaughan, Kresten thanks! I got the splinter done in rlm 71/70 going for the yellow theatre bands next.

I've got some cleaning up to do here and there but pretty happy with it so far