1/48 FJ-2/3 FURY"""thread closed please see completed)

First Name
john
Next victim to the chopping block another bargain basement find from a while ago more pics of inside the box later thanks for looking/comments cheers John View attachment 92323

image.jpg

First Name
john
Hi everyone major delays on model building of late due to work commitments :sad: Here's what's in the box of another bargain beastie find.unfortunately although the decals look alright on paper when immersed into water they disintegrate so I've ordered some microscale decal film from johns shop to try and remedy this problem more progress later................. Thanks for looking in cheers John View attachment 92831

View attachment 92832

View attachment 92833

View attachment 92834

View attachment 92835

View attachment 92836

View attachment 92837

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

That must be the first kit I've seen moulded in blue plastic!

Watching with interest John :smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool beans!! :D

A really nice old kit!

The kite fits together quite well at the looks of matters, that is a good start!o_O

First Name
john
Hi everyone I'm in need of some help does anyone know what colour blue in vallejo model air paint to use as shown on the box art any help appreciated cheers John

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi everyone I'm in need of some help does anyone know what colour blue in vallejo model air paint to use as shown on the box art any help appreciated cheers John
It looks like 71.004 but without the colour call out from your sheet I can't tell properly John

PS Looking good so far

D

dubster72

Sorry John, Vallejo is the work of the devil, so I steer clear!

The more I look at this, the more Thunderbirdsy it looks ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
What colour do the destructions call for. That would be a great start.

Ian M

First Name
john
\ said:
What colour do the destructions call for. That would be a great start.Ian M
Sorry Ian just says blue with no code or reference to anything :sad:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well in that case. I would go for the era correct US Navy blue... Maybe one of our members across the pond can help there.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
My search shows the colour is FS15042 (Gloss Sea Blue) which is also a gloss version of Non-specular Blue (FS35042).

Vallejo Model Air 71.087 is your colour.

First Name
john
Thanks everyone for your help but I'm now doing it with alclad aluminium :smiling3: Only kidding once again cheers everyone for all the help it's really appreciated

First Name
john
Alas some of the old decals haven't survived even though I did my upmost to save them with microscale decal film and why is it that it's always the most important ones that fail.I will have to raid the spares box.Having done a sabre dog earlier this year the spare decals from that will be a big help.So for the purists amongst us please forgive my artistic licence from here on in.Should have it finished tomorrow with a simple base added and maybe a pilot standing on the tarmac more later.......... Cheers John