1/72 Airfix F51 Mustang

M

MPal

Thanks guys.. I enjoyed building it, nice iit, although the landing gear is a weak point.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks superb, well mucky and used-top job. What do you mean by the landing gear is a weak point? Are they actually weak for the model itself, or poorly moulded, or badly put together and painted (although they look okay to me)?

Si:smiling3:

M

MPal

Compared to how good the rest of the kit is, the landing gear is very flexy, and one of the legs was warped and so I got them to sit as best I could.

I have the P51 boxing of this kit to make at some point, so will see if the landing gear is any better.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build, like that look the well used, and weathered

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very good work with the hairy stick mate , if you wanted a dusty look I say spot on you can't do any better with that from the hairy stick :smiling3:

Top job

M

MPal

Thanks once again everyone, i am pretty pleased with it. Not normally a fan of shark mouth schemes.

M

MPal

Thanks very much. I sort of went with the idea that they were well used already, and that Korea must have been a pretty harsh environment as well.

I tend to build my models to look how I like, paying slightly more than lip service to accuracy, but without getting bogged down by it.

T

treyzx10r

That is a great looking Stang and even more impressive with what you did in that scale! Very nicely done Sir!

P

Polux

Excellent result!

Really nice model, I like it very much ;)

Cheers

Polux