1:72 Curtiss P-40B Warhawk & Mistubishi A6M2B-21 Zero

First Name
Drew
So before I get started back properly I thought I’d get into the swing of things with this kit I’ve had lying around for years.
65CC6628-1C7D-4EF3-9BE1-A792A87E99AB.jpeg
I do have a few questions though and I’m hoping we have an expert or two who can help.
First off, the Warhawk.
The instructions say the interior (including the seat) is a yellow colour a is this correct?
The instructions have the option to have what I’m calling the “air intake vents” open or closed (see image below) but it doesn’t say which would be in flight and which would be sitting on the ground doing nothing. Any ideas?
84DA73F3-CA1B-40CE-876B-C760EF16F8D0.jpeg
Now on to the Zero.
Would the interior be the same colour for the off-white Zero (as pictured here) as it would for the green Zero?

Thanks

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi drew, nice project!

I would go for an American green interior color for the P-40
Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk Cockpit by Daniel-Wales-Images on DeviantArt.jpg

Here you'll find some more info on the cowl flaps : LINK INFORMATION
1711f_hiw_1_16x9.jpg

Have fun :thumb2:
Steven

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Drew,
the interior colour of Japanese Navy Aircraft can be controversial - it could vary from maker to maker, but a light grey green, with a black instrument panel, would be a fair bet, whatever the exterior colour.
The interior of the Warhawk would be zinc chromate primer - which, as Steven's picture shows is yellowish green (or greenish yellow! ) Instrument panel black
Dave

First Name
Drew
Thanks Steven.
That seems to be the interior for the Curtiss that they are suggesting, just seemed an odd colour.
I thought that was how the cowl flaps would be. Haven’t yet decided whether to use the dogfight stand or have them on the ground.

Thanks Dave, I had a feeling the interior colour would the same for the Zero, just wanted to check as it’s my favourite non-ally WWII plane and wanted to get it right (even though it’s just a “mess around” project).

Got the undercoating started and it’s a beautiful day up here so don’t think there will be much else getting done to them today!
☀ + beer = garden time!

Last edited: