1/72 Hasegawa F-16A Fighting Falcon

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I started this in early 2022, and in the interests of completion and actually posting something, here it is. It's Hasegawa's 1/72 F-16A 'Plus'. I used the markings for an F-16 Block 15 of the 10th TFS, 50th TFW as seen during Exercise 'Gun Smoke' at AFB Nellis in October 1983.

The intake was a hassle and took a lot of sanding and filling to get a reasonable result. The exhaust nozzle interior was a smooth tube, so I added plastic card strips to give it some structure and interest. I replaced the nose pitot tube with thin brass as the original was rubbish. The missile stripes are painted. I used Humbrol enamels and varnishes with Vallejo acrylic washes.IMG_0750.jpeg

I did not enjoy this build as much as I have others, and I think it shows in the completed model. Anyway, warts and all:
IMG_0747.jpegIMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0750.jpegIMG_0751.jpegIMG_0752.jpegIMG_0753.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Joe you say you did not enjoy the build well i think it looks fantastic wish i could model like this as ive got 2 big 1/32 aircraft kits to build when ive finished tiger but brilliant modeling
ATB
Chrisb

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very Sweet Joe
Cheers Lee

Came out very nice despite the troubles you had Joe :thumb2:
Thanks Steven

I think you did a bang up job! Cool!
Cheers Ed, glad you like it

WELL Joe you say you did not enjoy the build well i think it looks fantastic wish i could model like this as ive got 2 big 1/32 aircraft kits to build when ive finished tiger but brilliant modeling
ATB
Chrisb
Too kind Chris, thanks. I rather thought it was a bit pants, it’s amazing how much your skill slips if you don’t build regularly

Lovely fighter Joe.
Great result and great to see you posting again on the forum. :thumb2:

Ron
Thank you Ron. Is good to be back and I have another project in the pipeline

Nice job Joe on a very good looking aircraft - and I still haven't built on of these.
Thanks Colin. I rather like the shape of the F-16, I have Tamiya and Academy kits to build in the future

Joe,
That's a very nice result.
Cheers, glad you like it

Long time no see Joe, How are things? A very nice build by the way.
Hi Ian, thank you. I’ve been busy with work and dealing with a renovation the past year. I had the misfortune of suffering exhaustion and on top of that COVID in December so I have been taking time to recharge and sort myself out. Which means some bench time. Hoping to be more productive here in coming year

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Joe, I'm having a little trouble here, I can't seem to find anything not to like about your latest achievement........I do not profess to be a wingy expert but I like what I'm seeing. Well done Sir! :thumb2:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Joe, I'm having a little trouble here, I can't seem to find anything not to like about your latest achievement........I do not profess to be a wingy expert but I like what I'm seeing. Well done Sir! :thumb2:
Thank you very kindly Rick, I'm glad you like it

You can't beat a 'viper', there's something timeless about the whole look of them..

an excellent looking build.. :thumb2:
Thence Chris. I agree, it's a great looking fighter

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job joe , looks bigger than 1/72 . Those wing walk decal strips are a bugger arent they ! Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done indeed Joe. A great finish. And as Tim said, looks much larger than 1/72.