1/72 HMS Iron Duke - Type 23 Frigate

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Doug, unlike Chris I didn't FG the inside of the hull, I just added multiple coats of resin. I figured that as the ply used for the skin was cross directional that would add sufficient strength along with the frames being only 45mm apart. The exterior was also just multiple coats of resin, paint and varnish. YMMV
Garry
HI Garry im not tellin you how to build your model an this is a suggetion only but you havent got much fitted inside your hull cant you just take out what you have fitted in an then coverin up the bits you can remove an then add F/G MATTIN an thats what give my hull the strenght to be lifted an hopefully wont leak but up to you on that
chrisb
Thanks for the suggestion Chris, however she seems to be strong enough, so I'll leave it be.
Maybe with the next one ;)
Garry
OH Great Garry whacha gonna build next then ?
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry im not tellin you how to build your model an this is a suggetion only but you havent got much fitted inside your hull cant you just take out what you have fitted in an then coverin up the bits you can remove an then add F/G MATTIN an thats what give my hull the strenght to be lifted an hopefully wont leak but up to you on that
chrisb

OH Great Garry whacha gonna build next then ?
chrisb
No Idea yet Chris.
I'm curious too. HMS Queen Elizabeth?????
Now that would take a day or two!!!!
Now there's a thought lol

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Very appropriately, today is ANZAC Day.
With beautiful weather, and a helping hand from SWMBO, sea trails went ahead for HMS Iron Duke.
I am very pleased with the results, no leaks, stable, a good dash of speed and handles well.
IMG_1194.jpegIMG_1195.jpegIMG_1187.jpeg
IMG_1197.jpegIMG_1192.jpeg
IMG_1183.jpeg

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Just another day at sea.... I'll bet you're busting with pride on this occasion! Well done Garry!!:thumb2::thumb2:
Rick, thanks mate, yes something like that, though she isn't finished yet. :smiling:
Excellent mate, glad the sea trials were successful!
Steve
Thank you Steve, I am relieved that there were no issues.
DITTO Garry on what Rick said very well done an she beat my tiger to havin a sortie
chrisb
Thank you Chris, Tiger will be on the water soon, I still have some work to do on ID.
Nice one Garry. She looks great on the water! You must be pretty chuffed.
I am Ian, and thank you.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Garry ,bet you were pleased and relieved.
The Committee are watching with great interest !

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Wow that looks awesome. So realistic! Right down the the slight list when she's in a turn. You must be so - so pleased with what you have built. A superb build and to think you've never built one before - amazing. Well done Garry or should I say BZ.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Utterly Fantastic Noah Garry!!! Your hard work has paid off to the max, Sir!!! She looks great on the water and the 4th picture could pass for the real McCoy. I bet the cold ones were flowing after the trials were over too!!!...

Prost
Allen

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Wonderful stuff. She looks superb mate. You must be starting to think of what’s next now……
I am indeed Tim, thank you.
Fantastic news and congratulations!
Thank you Neil much appreciated.
Wow that looks awesome. So realistic! Right down the the slight list when she's in a turn. You must be so - so pleased with what you have built. A superb build and to think you've never built one before - amazing. Well done Garry or should I say BZ.
Thank you for the BZ Neil, and yes I am pretty pleased so far. I'm chuffed that the working stabilisers did their job admirably.
Utterly Fantastic Noah Garry!!! Your hard work has paid off to the max, Sir!!! She looks great on the water and the 4th picture could pass for the real McCoy. I bet the cold ones were flowing after the trials were over too!!!...

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen, much obliged, tea and cake were the order of the day for me.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI Garry im now in the indrusrtible spy busseiness an espenaerge lol so could we have some pics of what her workin are like inside her as i may learn a thing or two cheers
chrisb