1/72 Revell Lancaster

T

tecdes

Very nice "Rifledude". Nice clean & precise.

Two things & my thoughts. To make it look look as a working aircraft it needs aerial rigging. There are 4 main runs & they make a difference to the looks.

Very nice photos. Just a minor thing best not to take photos of dark images, if possible to avoid, against a bright background such as a window or white paper especially when there is a lot of lighter area compared to the darker subject in a shot. A close up is ok as the darker area dominates. It makes it difficult to get the contrast correct otherwise.

Let us have your name as it is a very friendly forum & members like to have christian names.

Laurie

R

Rifledude303

Hello again Laurie,

You're right about the aerials - I haven't yet got around to that but I really should... Thanks also for the tip about the photography techniques, which sounds like good sense!

My name is Justin by the way.

Thanks!

T

tecdes

Hi Justin

Best thing is to get your name on the left hand side in my profile.

Welcome to the form by the way. Bit quiet at the moment. Seems to go that way at wekends & Bank Holidays.

Laurie

R

Roobarb

A lovely build.I am very impressed by the sharpeness of the glazed areas as I hate masking,also nice to see you've toned down the outer exhaust staining.

Malcolm

S

Stevekir

Nice paint job, especially on the canopy. Hope my model looks as good.

BTW, why the yellow vertical stabilisers?

R

Rifledude303

Thank you Steve!

The yellow vertical stabilisers and wingtips were painted onto HW-Z for the Berchtesgarden raid in 1945 because it was the pathfinder force's squadron leader's aircraft...

Justin

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
All my thoughts towards this have been said...Very nice.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a superb build Justin. Really impressive.

........and welcome to the forum.

Peter

P

Plastickitbasher

Justin,

Welcome to the forum.

A very good build, the canopy paintwork is very good

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks really good to me too!

Gern

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great, top notch paint work.

Colin M..

T

Tonyz6

\ said:
Hi all,I was wondering if you had any comments or suggestions on the finish of my Lancaster here:

Thanks!
Smashing build,clear parts look so clear ,very inspiring,well done.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice first build mate, always been a massive fan of lancs as I have around three lancs in the stash, lol. Try out the Airfix tooling of the Dambusters. It is great and you would like it if you enjoyed your build on the revell.

John