1/72 Scale Lancaster...Hasegawa

M

mobear

fantastic job 5 xmas *s for you steve,and a merry xmas from the mollers

First Name
Mike
Wow. Excellent job Steve, the muted/faded colors work really well and I really like the subtle fading on the black. Can't see from the low angle shots; did you add exhaust staining?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Can't see from the low angle shots; did you add exhaust staining?
I did :smiling3:

Terrible photo, the light is fading fast here in not so sunny Birmingham (it was quite nice earlier) and the colours look rather odd. It gives an idea of the staining though.

I didn't want to overdo it as the diorama will be 'bombing up' not 'coming home' :smiling3: I'm guessing that they didn't wash these things down after every mission, particularly during a busy period.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Great model Steve very nice indeed. Like the background looks the real thing. Clever you have arranges the background to look in the distance. Seems you have achieved this with an undulating foreground horizon. Looks good.

Just one thing. I hope you are going to add the antenna rigging & aerials etc .

To me a model is not complete with out them. Not a crit. just a hope ;)

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Don't worry Laurie, I'll add the antenna wires right at the end when there's less chance of me breaking them. At some point I've got to arrange a 4000lb HCB on the wires hanging out of the bomb bay at exactly the right height to match the outstretched arms of one of my figures

........should be fun, but will involve working on the bottom of the model :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

My mistake Steve thought that was the final presentation.

My anxiety is placated. Seen so many models with out all these bits added which is a real shame after spending all that time & not to finish the job.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Too true Laurie.

BTW I'm flattered that you think I did some clever positioning of the background. Honestly I just Blu-Tac it to a board behind the model, stick the model on a grass mat in front and snap away. Any artistic effect is entirely coincidental!

I will make a base for the diorama. It will be a concrete pan of the 120'-150' variety with a typical 50' access way. There are obvious reasons, as evidenced by the current weather, why you wouldn't want to park a thing the size and weight of a Lancaster on grass :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Yes I have my Lancaster & Wellington on hard stuff.

As you are building a diorama this may interest you. http://www.airfix.com/shop/new-for-2014/military-vehicles/a03311-wwii-raf-vehicle-set-172/ Airfix & out next year one of their brand new ones. If the Merlin is anything to go by it will be well above their old standard.

Laurie

S

Stevekir

Nice job, especially the canopy and turret framework painting.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome build Steve, looking forward to the finishing touches.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is looking very nice Steve.

As for the diorama bit.... I think we can leave this where it is and you could just make a new thread for the building of the diorama.

I sure have a lot of effort to live up to when I get round to mine... :confused:

Ian M

V

Vajled

I just managed to came here on finishing stage of this job...

Fantastic build so far

Cheers

Roman