1/72 "We made it!" B-17 emergency landing at Rattlesden, Suffolk. 1944

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work on the diorama Ron so glad you got your mojo back or we could have missed this fantastic build. And it goes without saying 5 stars from me

S

Sky Raider

Just seen this one Ron, what a fantastic job you did mate. The backdrop was just perfect also. Top marks from me mate.

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done again Jason, my knowledge of aircraft is limited too...most of what I have learnt has come from Steve (stona)!

Thanks Ian, it did have it's ups and downs, always best to stand back 'till the old feeling comes back again when it's ready to do so of it's own accord....Thanks too for the 5*.I appreciate it.

Andy, thanks for your post too. I'm glad you like the backdrop. All I have to do is rest the model on our hedge and snap away with the field in the background.....We are surrounded by them here!

Thanks again boys,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Andrew, glad you like it......You can see now what I meant about the control tower!

Cheers,

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well Ron, you've pulled off another masterpiece that deserves five stars mate. Love it

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry John and Alex for the lare response, but i've just spent the last 4 days being hurled around the Irish Sea trying to get to the Scilly Isles......the ship had to run for Southern Ireland instead!!

Anyway, thank you both for your excellent comments and the big 5. I appreciate you taking the tme to post.

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And there was I thinking that the tail wheel had just collapsed under the landing!!!

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
And there was I thinking that the tail wheel had just collapsed under the landing!!!Ian M
Ian, I put forward that excuse for my balls up when Jason won the 'quiz', but of course such things didn't happen.....yeh right!

If it did, I suppose the ball turret would have been shredded!

Do you get the feeling I'm still wriggling, mate?

I really must be more observant before posting pickies.....

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

Hi Ron mate glad you managed to finish it very nice indeed, top marks as always.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the late reply Scott, I've been missing this last week.....So I'm trying to catch up, fat chance!

Thanks for your post mate, glad you like the dio. I did hit a brick wall with it, but just stepped back for a few days and all was well again.

Cheers,

Ron