12 Squadron Tornado GR4

M

MPal

Well, this one is now finished.

Its the Revell GR1 kit converted to a GR4 using Model Alliance decals to recreate the 12 B Squadron 90th Anniversary Jet from 2005.

The plane was brush painted using a mix of Humbrol and Revell acrylics, with a Flory Dark Dirt wash applied for panel lines, and a Pitts pen used for oil staining on the ecu doors.

Hope you like:

First Name
Dave
Great looking Tornado.i like the authentic looking staining on the fin

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now i like that lovr the weathering

M

MPal

Thanks guys.

We kept the anniversary jets pretty clean as it did the rounds of different bases etc, after that it began to look more used like the rest of the jets on squadron.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb looking detailing and compared with the real life version it looks remarkably spot on. Great build from me on this one, like it.

Si:smiling3:

M

MPal

Thanks Si, I worked on this jet, and although it had different windscreens, stores configs etc, I modelled it in its most common fit when it was on squadron, and did moderate soot staining on the fin using the fiancees eye shadow!

First Name
Gregg
Wonderful build and paint, I hope your fiancée doesn't find out about why her eye liner keeps needing replenishing! ;) ;)

First Name
Mike
Great-looking Tornado, nice scheme too.

\ said:
...and a Pitts pen used for oil staining on the ecu doors.
Could you expand on that? I'm not sure what a Pitts pen is.

M

MPal

\ said:
Great-looking Tornado, nice scheme too.Could you expand on that? I'm not sure what a Pitts pen is.
Its a pen made by Faber-Castell.

I did some streaks using it, and then used a wet brush to streak the pen to my needs. Done over a gloss coat, so you can just remove it if you over do it.

I am also going to experiment using it for preshading as I brush paint.

http://

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking Tornado, the weathering is spot on. Nice job on the conversion too , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A very nice build, looks th epart against that photo so you have nailed your reference for sure.

M

MPal

Thank you very much for the comments.

I am very proud of it, and it currently has pride of place in my display cabinet.

A

Andy Mac

A beautiful looking Tonka, looking just as it should.... with a dirty tail. Top build.