28mm Oathmark Elves from Northstar

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Latest off the production line….some safety Elves…..
IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1919.jpeg

And a close up…..
IMG_1921.jpeg

…..and the usual calibration shot…..
IMG_1920.jpeg

Not the greatest of sculpts to be absolutely honest, certainly not up to the recent Orcs or Dwarves, but they’ve come out OK. Banner is by Little big men studios.

Cheers all

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes. You kind of expect patterning on Elvish gear. Or paint lots of 'twill'!
The drapery really doesn’t lend itself to freehanding either, especially the deep creases in the cloaks. They are a bit “superhero “ to be honest, extremely voluminous.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Beautiful Elves there Mr. Marlow and your paintwork is most excellent too, as usual!!! I like the comparison with the AV paint bottle and still wonder how in the hell you do such a fantastic job on the faces and the whole figure. Now, you need to go and build another bi-plane wing thingy to rest the peepers my friend!...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Beautiful Elves there Mr. Marlow and your paintwork is most excellent too, as usual!!! I like the comparison with the AV paint bottle and still wonder how in the hell you do such a fantastic job on the faces and the whole figure. Now, you need to go and build another bi-plane wing thingy to rest the peepers my friend!...

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen. I find the faces the easiest bit on the figure to be honest. Base coat it, roughly highlight it, then give it a good coat of flesh wash and the basics are done. Detailing is just a good sharp brush and properly thinned paint, nothing more. No alchemy here I promise. You can get away with things on these little guys that you couldn’t on larger scale figures. Biplanes are far more difficult……

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
2020DB.jpg
What else did you expect , congratulations Tim .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another cracking job Tim , especially considering the lack of character in the sculpting
Thanks Neil. Certainly not as much character as the Dwarf militia or the recent Orcs. They are a couple of leagues above these.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers John. I must have enough dogs to open a kennel these days LOL. Not sure these warrant it to be totally honest.
Oh they do Tim, very nice they are indeed. Just something about the little chaps , and the flag and base really set them off .